Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nordstrom Bank - Sigh!!!!

tag
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Re: Nordstrom Bank - Sigh!!!!

The results should be Congratulations! on your $5k CL Nordstrom Visa Signature!! We shall wait and see, The worst thing that could happen is them give you a $1k CL Nordstrom Store Credit Card. Once you reach $5k you are eligible for Visa Signature. 

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 11 of 28
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Oh okay hopefully it gets there by friday or saturday. 

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Message 12 of 28
RSCo
Established Contributor

Thanks everyone..

Perhaps I'll call them tomorrow just to confirm the card was mailed and it didn't end up somewhere else..

$30,500$18,500NPSL$15,000$10,000$25,000$32,000
Message 13 of 28
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

Nordstrom Bank has been one of the easiest banks for me to deal with in recent memory.  Of course I didn't have to jump through the hoops of identity verification.  

Might want to check out the postmark on the letter they sent you to verify identity.  That may have been their original request that you already answered over the phone.  

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 14 of 28
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

For me, when I got the 7-10 day notice, I got a letter for ID verification and after I sent it in I noticed a new $10k Visa Siggy on my credit reports before I even got the approval letter back in the mail! Do not despair just yet, you are likely approved.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 15 of 28
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

When I was thinking about applying last year, I called and inquired about applying online ( previous posts talked about a delay in getting approvals). The CSR I spoke with made it clear that all online applications will trigger the 7-10 day id verification letter.  I really did not want to be face to face with rejection but I got over my fear an applied in person. 

The app is done through their cash register and they slide your driver license as if you your are making a purchase. In my case, a phone call was made to their "credit dept" and I was given the phone. The rep asked me if I had any credit cards in my possession currently reporting on my CR with a limit - in otherwords no Amex charge cards. She then asked me to read the account number (I used my new MC)- not the usual id question but I knew they were real sensitive about verification.  It was just a minute later when I was approved or their store card. I was happy because it was my first non GE backed card and I love shopping at Nordstrom. 

At the time of approval, I had 4 new accounts in 2 mos- since they pulled EQ- my inq's weren't bad 4 and the letter I received with my card indicated a CS of 699. 

I am sure you will be approved!

Message 16 of 28
chasing8s
Valued Member

@chasing8s wrote:

I had a very similar experience!  App'd online got the 7-10 wait, but I went to the store the next day and the girl in the CS department called someone and they said I had been declined.  Decided to call the Nordstrom recon number where another rep told me the store and online person should have never said that!  The online rep even asked for their names, but I didn't have them.   She also explained that apping online often results in identity verification so she asked me to mail her my DL and utility bill.  I mailed those last Friday, so now I'm just waiting for them to get back to me.

Rep on the phone sounded very positive, so I'm hopeful!! :-) 

UPDATE- Called Nordstrom today and they confirmed I was approved for a 5k Signature Visa!! Yay!  She said my card was in the mail!  I'm guessing they approved 5 instead of 10 since at the time they pulled my credit my highest cc limit showed 3500 :-/  But no worries will try for the CLI with help from this forum!! 

So good luck, I'm sure you'll get approved too!!

Message 17 of 28
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

YEEEAH!!!! Congratulations! Now you cant be mad at nordstrom hahha, They have an excellent system especially their reps who speak clear english and are never rude. Enjoy your new card and go show it offf!, Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 28
RSCo
Established Contributor

Smiley Sad Smiley Sad  I'm jealous hehehe..

I mailed in on Wed all kinds of identify info.. Hopefully I'll hear something.. Lesson learned, just call in or visit a place if you want to get a cc.. I called Discover directly and that's when i received my biggest card in recent memory.. The 5k Discover IT card.. All my other recent online apps have been in the 1800 to 2500 range...

Congrats to you..

Message 19 of 28
RSCo
Established Contributor

@chasing8s wrote:

@chasing8s wrote:

I had a very similar experience!  App'd online got the 7-10 wait, but I went to the store the next day and the girl in the CS department called someone and they said I had been declined.  Decided to call the Nordstrom recon number where another rep told me the store and online person should have never said that!  The online rep even asked for their names, but I didn't have them.   She also explained that apping online often results in identity verification so she asked me to mail her my DL and utility bill.  I mailed those last Friday, so now I'm just waiting for them to get back to me.

Rep on the phone sounded very positive, so I'm hopeful!! :-) 

UPDATE- Called Nordstrom today and they confirmed I was approved for a 5k Signature Visa!! Yay!  She said my card was in the mail!  I'm guessing they approved 5 instead of 10 since at the time they pulled my credit my highest cc limit showed 3500 :-/  But no worries will try for the CLI with help from this forum!! 

So good luck, I'm sure you'll get approved too!!

Wonderful.. So happy for you...  Hurry, their twice annual sale is underway.. hehe.. Congrats..

Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.