Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nordstrom CC Question

tag
sarahcatherinemay
Regular Contributor

Nordstrom CC Question

Does anyone know how Nordstrom is with approvals in my situation? I used to have a credit card with them when I was 18 (14 years ago) that was closed by credit grantor shortly thereafter. It is no longer reporting on my credit obviously, and I just checked my FICO score of 680. I have 1 inquiry for a Cap One card that has yet to start reporting. I am wanting to get one card to a store that I shop at often.

Starting Score: 525
Current Score: EQ Fico 766 | TU Fico 715 | EX Fico 753
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Nordstrom CC Question

@sarahcmgreen wrote:

Does anyone know how Nordstrom is with approvals in my situation? I used to have a credit card with them when I was 18 (14 years ago) that was closed by credit grantor shortly thereafter. It is no longer reporting on my credit obviously, and I just checked my FICO score of 680. I have 1 inquiry for a Cap One card that has yet to start reporting. I am wanting to get one card to a store that I shop at often.

Nordstrom usually pulls EQ.  What cc do you currently have? Util? Baddies?  

When I laws approved my LP EQ was 699, util <3% and AAOA was over 7 years. They were one of the last store cards I apped for last year. 

YMMV

Message 2 of 5
sarahcatherinemay
Regular Contributor

I'm more just concerned that they keep the history - back in 1999 I had a tiny $100 limit on a Nordstrom card that I don't even know if I ever made a payment on. I know that they are very generous with CLI which is another factor in wanting a card there. I am definitely going to wait until my Cap One card shows up to see what that does for my score, but right now my AAoA is 7.4 years and I have no collections (FINALLYYY!) - the two baddies on my CR are: BoA card - Charge Off 5 years ago and HSBC (same thing) - both paid. Just paid my last car payment on a 4 year loan with 2 30 days late payments 3 years ago. And like I said, only the 1 inquiry.

What do  you think?

Message 3 of 5
sarahcatherinemay
Regular Contributor

.. Oh! And my util is 3.5% on Cap One, but like I said, it hasn't started reporting yet! So I want to wait for that to show up and then maybe a few months after I should apply. Just worried that they won't even consider me because I already established negative history with them 14 years ago.

Message 4 of 5
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@sarahcmgreen wrote:

I'm more just concerned that they keep the history - back in 1999 I had a tiny $100 limit on a Nordstrom card that I don't even know if I ever made a payment on. I know that they are very generous with CLI which is another factor in wanting a card there. I am definitely going to wait until my Cap One card shows up to see what that does for my score, but right now my AAoA is 7.4 years and I have no collections (FINALLYYY!) - the two baddies on my CR are: BoA card - Charge Off 5 years ago and HSBC (same thing) - both paid. Just paid my last car payment on a 4 year loan with 2 30 days late payments 3 years ago. And like I said, only the 1 inquiry.

What do  you think?

Can't answer as to Nordstrom's memory.  Maybe someone else can help with that question. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.