Regular Contributor
sarahcmgreen

Nordstrom CC Question

Does anyone know how Nordstrom is with approvals in my situation? I used to have a credit card with them when I was 18 (14 years ago) that was closed by credit grantor shortly thereafter. It is no longer reporting on my credit obviously, and I just checked my FICO score of 680. I have 1 inquiry for a Cap One card that has yet to start reporting. I am wanting to get one card to a store that I shop at often.

Starting Score: 585
Current Score: EQ Fico 693 | TU Fico 673 | EX Fico 689
Goal Score: 740

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
09Lexie

Re: Nordstrom CC Question

[ Edited ]

sarahcmgreen wrote:

Does anyone know how Nordstrom is with approvals in my situation? I used to have a credit card with them when I was 18 (14 years ago) that was closed by credit grantor shortly thereafter. It is no longer reporting on my credit obviously, and I just checked my FICO score of 680. I have 1 inquiry for a Cap One card that has yet to start reporting. I am wanting to get one card to a store that I shop at often.

Nordstrom usually pulls EQ.  What cc do you currently have? Util? Baddies?  

When I laws approved my LP EQ was 699, util <3% and AAOA was over 7 years. They were one of the last store cards I apped for last year. 

YMMV

Regular Contributor
sarahcmgreen

I'm more just concerned that they keep the history - back in 1999 I had a tiny $100 limit on a Nordstrom card that I don't even know if I ever made a payment on. I know that they are very generous with CLI which is another factor in wanting a card there. I am definitely going to wait until my Cap One card shows up to see what that does for my score, but right now my AAoA is 7.4 years and I have no collections (FINALLYYY!) - the two baddies on my CR are: BoA card - Charge Off 5 years ago and HSBC (same thing) - both paid. Just paid my last car payment on a 4 year loan with 2 30 days late payments 3 years ago. And like I said, only the 1 inquiry.

What do  you think?

Regular Contributor
sarahcmgreen

.. Oh! And my util is 3.5% on Cap One, but like I said, it hasn't started reporting yet! So I want to wait for that to show up and then maybe a few months after I should apply. Just worried that they won't even consider me because I already established negative history with them 14 years ago.

09Lexie

sarahcmgreen wrote:

I'm more just concerned that they keep the history - back in 1999 I had a tiny $100 limit on a Nordstrom card that I don't even know if I ever made a payment on. I know that they are very generous with CLI which is another factor in wanting a card there. I am definitely going to wait until my Cap One card shows up to see what that does for my score, but right now my AAoA is 7.4 years and I have no collections (FINALLYYY!) - the two baddies on my CR are: BoA card - Charge Off 5 years ago and HSBC (same thing) - both paid. Just paid my last car payment on a 4 year loan with 2 30 days late payments 3 years ago. And like I said, only the 1 inquiry.

What do  you think?

Can't answer as to Nordstrom's memory.  Maybe someone else can help with that question. 

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}