Did you mean: 

Nordstrom CLI Policy

tag
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Nordstrom CLI Policy

@09Lexie wrote:
@emharu

Anything less than $10k would be a surprise.

Of course, I would advocate waiting for the best possible terms.

yea I know I should wait. 10 new accounts so far this year and I might be getting an auto loan in December....

Isn't Nordstrom pretty conservative? I had the impression that getting approved for anything >5k CL by Nordstrom is an achievement.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 11 of 22
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

They can be but you are an exception Smiley Wink

If you are considering an auto loan, wait til April.
Message 12 of 22
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@enharu wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:
@emharu

yea I know I should wait. 10 new accounts so far this year and I might be getting an auto loan in December....

Isn't Nordstrom pretty conservative? I had the impression that getting approved for anything >5k CL by Nordstrom is an achievement.

IMO, somewhat conservative yet generous once you are "in" and have a great history and spend pattern with them.  They have awesome C/S.  I got approved in-store during June 2010 for their Visa Signature ($8K), it has received a few auto-CLIs since then and the last one put me at $14.5K.  AFAIK, if you are below the $15K threshold and request a CLI that puts you above that, they may request POI/financial docs (unless they auto-CLI above that).  So, you can likely request up to $14.9K without POI.  Otherwise, the sky is the limit with them.

Message 13 of 22
enharu
Super Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@enharu wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:
@emharu

IMO, somewhat conservative yet generous once you are "in" and have a great history and spend pattern with them.  They have awesome C/S.  I got approved in-store during June 2010 for their Visa Signature ($8K), it has received a few auto-CLIs since then and the last one put me at $14.5K.  AFAIK, if you are below the $15K threshold and request a CLI that puts you above that, they may request POI/financial docs (unless they auto-CLI above that).  So, you can likely request up to $14.9K without POI.  Otherwise, the sky is the limit with them.

as to proof of income, I assume bank statements will suffice? Or they require tax docs? if its the latter then I definitely should wait.

I used to shop mostly at saks, neiman marcus and bloomingdales, but saks policies have of late isn't really online shopping "friendly", so I've been shopping at nordstrom more often as of late.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 14 of 22
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@enharu wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@enharu wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:
@emharu

as to proof of income, I assume bank statements will suffice? Or they require tax docs? if its the latter then I definitely should wait.

I used to shop mostly at saks, neiman marcus and bloomingdales, but saks policies have of late isn't really online shopping "friendly", so I've been shopping at nordstrom more often as of late.

I'm not sure of what POI they would require since I haven't tested those waters yet.  But I would imagine since you're a high roller then this would be no issue!

I would concur with your statement about Saks - the store seems to be somewhat flexible to some degree (just haven't found much lately) but online is just *ok* - I haven't used my Saks WEMC with them in a few months.  Now, the ones that do get some frequent workouts are my Nordies Visa and Bloomies AMEX, then Nieman's every other couple months - depending on what they have going on.

Message 15 of 22
manyquestions
Established Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@enharu wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:
@emharu

What is considered a "great history and spend pattern with them?"  Spend in store vs. non-Nordstrom spend?  Just curious as to what will trigger an auto increase.

Message 16 of 22
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@manyquestions wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@enharu wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:
@emharu

What is considered a "great history and spend pattern with them?"  Spend in store vs. non-Nordstrom spend?  Just curious as to what will trigger an auto increase.

I've only had my cc for a year.  In that time each CLI was at least $2500 dollars.  Im not sure it would be considered heavy usage by their standards but I used the card at least 3-4 x a month. 

Message 17 of 22
manyquestions
Established Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

@manyquestions wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@enharu wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:
@emharu

I've only had my cc for a year.  In that time each CLI was at least $2500 dollars.  Im not sure it would be considered heavy usage by their standards but I used the card at least 3-4 x a month. 

3-4x a month in a Nordstrom store, or anywhere?  The reason I ask is because I don't have much for Nordstrom store purchases, maybe 5 or 6 per year so I was thinking that might be why I don't get any auto CLI.

Message 18 of 22
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@manyquestions wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

@manyquestions wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@enharu wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:
@emharu

3-4x a month in a Nordstrom store, or anywhere?  The reason I ask is because I don't have much for Nordstrom store purchases, maybe 5 or 6 per year so I was thinking that might be why I don't get any auto CLI.

I do not use my Visa outside of Nordstrom, the APR is higher and I have other cc's for outside purchases with better rewards. 

Message 19 of 22
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@09Lexie wrote:

@manyquestions wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

@manyquestions wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@enharu wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:
@emharu

I do not use my Visa outside of Nordstrom, the APR is higher and I have other cc's for outside purchases with better rewards. 

The spend patterns can vary.  IME, a moderate to heavy mix of both in-store purchases and outside of Nordstrom has worked for me with auto-CLIs.  I've had my Visa accunt with them for years.

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.