@09Lexie wrote:

@manyquestions wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

@manyquestions wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@enharu wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:
@emharu

Anything less than $10k would be a surprise.

Of course, I would advocate waiting for the best possible terms.

yea I know I should wait. 10 new accounts so far this year and I might be getting an auto loan in December....

Isn't Nordstrom pretty conservative? I had the impression that getting approved for anything >5k CL by Nordstrom is an achievement.

IMO, somewhat conservative yet generous once you are "in" and have a great history and spend pattern with them.  They have awesome C/S.  I got approved in-store during June 2010 for their Visa Signature ($8K), it has received a few auto-CLIs since then and the last one put me at $14.5K.  AFAIK, if you are below the $15K threshold and request a CLI that puts you above that, they may request POI/financial docs (unless they auto-CLI above that).  So, you can likely request up to $14.9K without POI.  Otherwise, the sky is the limit with them.

What is considered a "great history and spend pattern with them?"  Spend in store vs. non-Nordstrom spend?  Just curious as to what will trigger an auto increase.

I've only had my cc for a year.  In that time each CLI was at least $2500 dollars.  Im not sure it would be considered heavy usage by their standards but I used the card at least 3-4 x a month. 

3-4x a month in a Nordstrom store, or anywhere?  The reason I ask is because I don't have much for Nordstrom store purchases, maybe 5 or 6 per year so I was thinking that might be why I don't get any auto CLI.

I do not use my Visa outside of Nordstrom, the APR is higher and I have other cc's for outside purchases with better rewards. 

The spend patterns can vary.  IME, a moderate to heavy mix of both in-store purchases and outside of Nordstrom has worked for me with auto-CLIs.  I've had my Visa accunt with them for years.

What  ballpark $ amounts do you consider "moderate to heavy mix" where you got auto CLI?

Message 21 of 22
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Nordstrom CLI Policy

@manyquestions wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

@manyquestions wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

@manyquestions wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@enharu wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:
@emharu

Anything less than $10k would be a surprise.

Of course, I would advocate waiting for the best possible terms.

yea I know I should wait. 10 new accounts so far this year and I might be getting an auto loan in December....

Isn't Nordstrom pretty conservative? I had the impression that getting approved for anything >5k CL by Nordstrom is an achievement.

IMO, somewhat conservative yet generous once you are "in" and have a great history and spend pattern with them.  They have awesome C/S.  I got approved in-store during June 2010 for their Visa Signature ($8K), it has received a few auto-CLIs since then and the last one put me at $14.5K.  AFAIK, if you are below the $15K threshold and request a CLI that puts you above that, they may request POI/financial docs (unless they auto-CLI above that).  So, you can likely request up to $14.9K without POI.  Otherwise, the sky is the limit with them.

What is considered a "great history and spend pattern with them?"  Spend in store vs. non-Nordstrom spend?  Just curious as to what will trigger an auto increase.

I've only had my cc for a year.  In that time each CLI was at least $2500 dollars.  Im not sure it would be considered heavy usage by their standards but I used the card at least 3-4 x a month. 

3-4x a month in a Nordstrom store, or anywhere?  The reason I ask is because I don't have much for Nordstrom store purchases, maybe 5 or 6 per year so I was thinking that might be why I don't get any auto CLI.

I do not use my Visa outside of Nordstrom, the APR is higher and I have other cc's for outside purchases with better rewards. 

The spend patterns can vary.  IME, a moderate to heavy mix of both in-store purchases and outside of Nordstrom has worked for me with auto-CLIs.  I've had my Visa accunt with them for years.

What  ballpark $ amounts do you consider "moderate to heavy mix" where you got auto CLI?

When I was intially approved the CL was around $8K (IIRC), I used it for about everything during the first 6-8 months or so, anywhere from $1K to $3K monthly (always PIF'd before statement cycle generated), CL went up to ~$10K within less than a year.  These days I use it frequently but not as heavy as I used to in the begining (mainly during special events and whatnot).  The current CL is $16K.

Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.