Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nordstrom CLI... ugh

tag
Switch2007
Contributor

Nordstrom CLI... ugh

Hi All! It's been a while since I last posted, but thought I'd tell you about an incident. 

So I've had my Nordstrom store card (WHICH I LOVE!) since June of last year. The only CLI I requested was when I was first approved from 1k to 3k. In February, I went to pay my bill from a new account that I'd set up. I inadvertently put in the incorrect account number (transposed a number) which bounced back the payment. This was well before the due date, so I had time to fix it. Once I did, I arranged to have the payment come from my regular account that I'd been using, and it successfully posted. Again, well before the due date.

Fast forward to last week... I have read here to ask for a CLI after 6 months, and realized that I hadn't asked for one, so I called to inquire. They said due to that payment snafoo, they were only able to offer me $500 CLI. AHHHHHHHHHH I wanted to scream! Has anyone else encountered this type of issue? I've never been late. EVER. I actually have a higher income and credit score than when I originally apped, and explained that to the CSR (who was very polite, patient, and helpful btw). He said there was nothing at all he could do, and apologized. 

So thoughts? Should I call back? Should I try to speak to someone else? Or just let it blow with the wind? I really wanted the Siggy card, but not for any reason other than to have it. (Bad, I know, please hold back on judging me! LOL) Of course I accepted the $500, but I've read so much about everyone's good experiences with Nordstrom CLI and wanted to have the same...  Smiley Sad

Starting Score: 08/01/2009 584
Current Score: 08/01/2011 EQ 684 EX (Lender Pull) 702 TU 712
Goal Score: 780+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
GWilliam
Valued Member

Re: Nordstrom CLI... ugh

I just got a CLI  of $1750 on my Nordies and I'm also trying to get to the magic minimum of $5k so I can switch to the siggy! You do know you can request a CLi every 4 months, they also like to see you charge on the card and pay it off in a month or two. Give that a try and on the 4th month make sure your at $0 balance and I bet you will get at least $1k increase! 

Starting Score: EQ 530 TU 550
Current Score: EQ 693 TU 697
Goal Score: 720+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.