Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nordstrom Card - Cable Card

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Nordstrom Card - Cable Card

From what I read and understand looks like both Nordstrom Card and Cabela Card would fall into the same category. Would you also say the same thing when you compare both cards? What is your thoughts and comparision between these two cards. I meant their Visa Offerings and customer service and other issues.
Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Nordstrom Card - Cable Card

Nordstrom has better rates. just by a little bit though.

CLI don't always cost you a hard at Nordstrom and they do with Cabelas.

BUT for how big of CLI you get and the GREAT service you always get when you call, I think they are VERY close.

Since I can no longer have Nordstrom, I think VERY highly of my Cabela's card.

I really think you should call and go through your security check and get the card! 

Message 2 of 27
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

I really think you should call and go through your security check and get the card! 

Do you think it is worth the new account ding on my CR? Not sure after BB RZ MC approved me card with $300 CL and AF. If I wait it out 6 months and get the inquires off and let the accounts age, I might have a better chance of getting good Biz cards from Chase and BOA. Right now my personal inq's and new accounts are hurting my biz credit card propsects though.

Message 3 of 27
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

you already took the hit for the application, how much more could an account hurt you?

The business cards I have been dealing with lately seem to only care about inq and debt.

if you don't have debt, you could probably talk your way around inq and such. 

Message 4 of 27
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

I think I have good biz cards also NCity $15K - Sams Disc  $10K - Cap One $5K - Key $7.5K - HDRWMC - $6K. I want to be able to get a Biz LOC soon. I have been declined due to too many inq's and too many new accounts.  That is why I am hesitating to add new cards. What if I call Cablea and get approved with low cl or get the CLD before card arrives and all these things. Do you really think it is worth it at this time? I have Citi 20K+15K, Nordie $7K, BOA $7K, FIA $7K, NatCity $5K, and few more store cards and major cards. Not sure what my next move should be. As you suggested, I'll Cablea a call tomorrow and see what they say.
Message 5 of 27
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

tell them you are not interested in the card if it is not going to give you a better cl then you currently get on your other cards! see what they say
Message 6 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Red1Blue wrote:
As you suggested, I'll Cablea a call tomorrow and see what they say.

So you decided to start going fishing now? That looks like a good plan. It's incredibly calming Smiley Very Happy.

j/k

Message 7 of 27
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

I called. They asked all kind of questions and asked me to fax them a notarized copy of the Drivers Licenese. I guess I have to get it notarized and send it to them this afternoon. Really is it worth it?
Message 8 of 27
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I think they will at least tie your nordie card.
Message 9 of 27
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Oh well, I called as you all suggested. They asked me to fax a notarized copy of the DL. I did so. They said it is dark. I faxed again. I finally offered to send the orignals in the mail. They wanted me to send more things like pay stubs and all other nine yards. I suggested to cancel my application. I understand being concerned about fraud. But treating people like suspects of criminals is another thing. I have cards with good credit limits from great companies. I have no need to deal with this abuse. I hate to say this. I think Amex is much easier to deal with than Cabela's and Thumbs up to Amex.
Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.