Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nordstrom Cards

tag
twist7d7
Regular Contributor

Nordstrom Cards

So I do the Bulk of my shopping at Nordstrom stores. I was thinking about getting one of there cards. Id like to get the VS but am not sure i will be approved. If i app could they counter with the Retail card?

AMEX PRG (NPSL) Lowes (10k) CSP (7.2k) AMEX BCE (6k) Cap1 QS (3.5k) Citi DC (2.6K) BofA (2.5K)M&T Bank visa (2k) Discover iT (1800) Slate (1k)
Future Cards Sallie Mae, US Bank Cash+, Freedom
Goal increase CLs by 20k in 2015
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Re: Nordstrom Cards

@twist7d7 wrote:

So I do the Bulk of my shopping at Nordstrom stores. I was thinking about getting one of there cards. Id like to get the VS but am not sure i will be approved. If i app could they counter with the Retail card?

Yes

Message 2 of 9
twist7d7
Regular Contributor

@sccredit wrote:

@twist7d7 wrote:

Yes

Thanks, do you know this from exp?

AMEX PRG (NPSL) Lowes (10k) CSP (7.2k) AMEX BCE (6k) Cap1 QS (3.5k) Citi DC (2.6K) BofA (2.5K)M&T Bank visa (2k) Discover iT (1800) Slate (1k)
Future Cards Sallie Mae, US Bank Cash+, Freedom
Goal increase CLs by 20k in 2015
Message 3 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Yes.

Many start with store card and in 6 months you can get CLI and upgrade to the Visa.

Visa is $5k minimum CL.

Message 4 of 9
skigirl916
Established Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

Yes.

Many start with store card and in 6 months you can get CLI and upgrade to the Visa.

Visa is $5k minimum CL.

A couple years ago, that wasn't the case.  I had a Visa with a small limit...

Message 5 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@skigirl916 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

Yes.

Visa is $5k minimum CL.

me2 but I believe now that they just offer the Visa Signature instead of the 2 levels of Visa like in the past it starts at $5k

Message 6 of 9
skigirl916
Established Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@skigirl916 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

Yes.

Visa is $5k minimum CL.

me2 but I believe now that they just offer the Visa Signature instead of the 2 levels of Visa like in the past it starts at $5k

Gotcha.  I actually remember reading somewhere (a Forbes-like read, not a forum) that Nordstrom was contemplating discontinuing offering a card at all. 

Message 7 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@skigirl916 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@skigirl916 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

Yes.

Visa is $5k minimum CL.

Gotcha.  I actually remember reading somewhere (a Forbes-like read, not a forum) that Nordstrom was contemplating discontinuing offering a card at all. 

I can't imagine that... maybe selling off like Target did so they don't own the bank anymore but that was an epic fail on Targets part in my opnion!

Message 8 of 9
skigirl916
Established Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@skigirl916 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@skigirl916 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

Yes.

Visa is $5k minimum CL.

I can't imagine that... maybe selling off like Target did so they don't own the bank anymore but that was an epic fail on Targets part in my opnion!

Ohhhh, yeah... maybe that was it. 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.