cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nordstrom Credit Card (they need to confirm identity?)

tag
badgerviper

Nordstrom Credit Card (they need to confirm identity?)

I just applied online for a Nordstrom Signature card and received the usual 7-10 days response. I called in immediately to ask if I needed to send in more info and was told by the CSR that I was denied for both the Signature card AND the retail card (?!!!). I asked her what the reasons were and which report she pulled and she just told me Equifax but didn't give me a reason why. I asked her how that was possible being that my EQ is 726 with ZERO inquiries in 2 years and was put on hold for a couple minutes. When she came back she said that they needed me to MAIL in a copy of my driver's license and utility bill. I told her I was leaving for vacation on Saturday and asked if I can expedite the process by faxing the requested documents in or going into the store. She told me that because I had processed this application online everything had to be done by MAIL ONLY. Does anyone have their fax number? I thought this was kind of weird since other people have posted saying they faxed the stuff in or went into the store.....Has anyone else had this experience? If so, what were the results? Thanks for your help.

P.S. I read 14 pages of Nordstrom threads first before posting this. Couldn't find any that were like mine. Seems like everyone else got to fax their info in or go into the store.....

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
bostonte
Frequent Contributor

Re: Nordstrom Credit Card (they need to confirm identity?)

I would go to the customer service desk at your local store with your drivers license and a utility bill and ask them to phone in to credit services.

I think the rep you spoke with is mistaken.

Sometimes if you push them too hard on the phone for information prior to receiving your letter in the mail or how to "expedite" things, they get cautious and concerned about fraud and shut down and try and force you to slow down and wait.

Bring yourdocuments, tell the service rep you applied and were hold you had to present proof of identity, and I'm sure they'll phone in and resolve it right then.

Message 2 of 25
DesertLife
Regular Contributor

I found a fax line of: 303-397-4475 available on a form for "auto-pay" http://i.nordstromimage.com/images/default/shop/image/shops/fashion-rewards/2011/0609/NordstromAutoP..., which I obtained from a link on this page: http://shop.nordstrom.com/c/nordstrom-card-services

Hope that is helpful to you.

Started out with a 648 EQ in 2018, finally got to 850 FS8 TU | 836 FSU EX in November 2021!
Message 3 of 25
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@bostonte wrote:

I would go to the customer service desk at your local store with your drivers license and a utility bill and ask them to phone in to credit services.

I think the rep you spoke with is mistaken.

Sometimes if you push them too hard on the phone for information prior to receiving your letter in the mail or how to "expedite" things, they get cautious and concerned about fraud and shut down and try and force you to slow down and wait.

Bring yourdocuments, tell the service rep you applied and were hold you had to present proof of identity, and I'm sure they'll phone in and resolve it right then.

+1   Show up in person with the required documents.  Kind of hard to disprove it's you then.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 4 of 25
badgerviper

Yeah, that totally makes sense. She couldn't really give me a reason why I couldn't fax it in and that made me question her even more. If she had just told me it was a step to prevent fraud I would have been totally understanding about it. I'll definitely go in with the requested documents and try to resolve it in person. Thanks!

Message 5 of 25
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

When I applied, I got  a letter saying the needed to verify my identity. I had to mail in a copy of my DL, and a utility bill. I barely had the stuff in the mail, and the new card was showing on my reports. I was never given a reason why the info had to be mailed. It seems weird in this day and age to have to use "snail mail", but whatever.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 6 of 25
resilient
Established Contributor

Curious...did you receive either card yet? I (male) want to apply for one too, and kind of want to know what Nordstrom Bank is looking for....

Amex Platinum Amex PRG Amex Hilton Surpass ($7k) Citi AAdvantage WEMC ($20k) Citi Hilton Honors VS ($6.8k) Dillard's Amex ($7.5k) Discover it ($6.5k) FNBO Chrysler MC ($30k) Military Star Card ($4.8k) Nordstrom VS ($25k) PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS ($20.5k) Ritz-Carlton VI ($54.5k) Starwood Preferred Guest Amex ($10k) Susan G. Komen WMC ($38k) Kinetic CU Visa ($10k) US Bank Cash + VS ($16k) Sears MC ($6k) USAA Limitless VS ($15k) Walmart MC ($7.5k) AAdvantage Aviator Silver WEMC ($11.3k)
Message 7 of 25
Elcid89
Contributor

@resilient wrote:

Curious...did you receive either card yet? I (male) want to apply for one too, and kind of want to know what Nordstrom Bank is looking for....

Nordstrom tends to be one of the pickier lenders out there. Your chances of approval seem to go up dramatically when applying in-store versus applying online.

FICO 04 scores: 809 (EQ) 812 (EX) 818 (TU)

Amex Platinum NPSL - Citi HHonors Sig. $58k - BMW Ultimate $40k
Chase Sapphire Preferred $62k - Merrill Lynch + Signature $41k - USAA Rate Advantage $28k
NFCU Flagship Signature $50k - USAA Cash Rewards AMEX $28k
Citi Platinum Select / AAdvantage Signature $31k - Chase Amtrak Rewards World MC $41k

Message 8 of 25
resilient
Established Contributor

I have scores around the low 700s.....just went on an app spree, getting a few new cards, income is over $70k, only late was from 3 years and 11 months ago (just 1), utilization about 20% or less. Inquiries.......quite a few. Do you think with this info that my chances in store are still better?

Amex Platinum Amex PRG Amex Hilton Surpass ($7k) Citi AAdvantage WEMC ($20k) Citi Hilton Honors VS ($6.8k) Dillard's Amex ($7.5k) Discover it ($6.5k) FNBO Chrysler MC ($30k) Military Star Card ($4.8k) Nordstrom VS ($25k) PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS ($20.5k) Ritz-Carlton VI ($54.5k) Starwood Preferred Guest Amex ($10k) Susan G. Komen WMC ($38k) Kinetic CU Visa ($10k) US Bank Cash + VS ($16k) Sears MC ($6k) USAA Limitless VS ($15k) Walmart MC ($7.5k) AAdvantage Aviator Silver WEMC ($11.3k)
Message 9 of 25
Elcid89
Contributor

@resilient wrote:

I have scores around the low 700s.....just went on an app spree, getting a few new cards, income is over $70k, only late was from 3 years and 11 months ago (just 1), utilization about 20% or less. Inquiries.......quite a few. Do you think with this info that my chances in store are still better?

I don't have one of their cards, but IIRC they are somewhat sensitive to excessive inquiries. Since you have already piled them up, the worst that they can say is no. If they do, maybe try a recon, otherwise you'll just have one more inquiry within the same time frame that will drop off at the same time.

FICO 04 scores: 809 (EQ) 812 (EX) 818 (TU)

Amex Platinum NPSL - Citi HHonors Sig. $58k - BMW Ultimate $40k
Chase Sapphire Preferred $62k - Merrill Lynch + Signature $41k - USAA Rate Advantage $28k
NFCU Flagship Signature $50k - USAA Cash Rewards AMEX $28k
Citi Platinum Select / AAdvantage Signature $31k - Chase Amtrak Rewards World MC $41k

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.