cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nordstrom Credit Card (they need to confirm identity?)

tag
resilient
Established Contributor

Re: Nordstrom Credit Card (they need to confirm identity?)

One last question.....I know you said you don't have one of their cards, but do they have instant approvals, or are they all "7-10 days"? And is the recon number open on weekends?

Amex Platinum Amex PRG Amex Hilton Surpass ($7k) Citi AAdvantage WEMC ($20k) Citi Hilton Honors VS ($6.8k) Dillard's Amex ($7.5k) Discover it ($6.5k) FNBO Chrysler MC ($30k) Military Star Card ($4.8k) Nordstrom VS ($25k) PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS ($20.5k) Ritz-Carlton VI ($54.5k) Starwood Preferred Guest Amex ($10k) Susan G. Komen WMC ($38k) Kinetic CU Visa ($10k) US Bank Cash + VS ($16k) Sears MC ($6k) USAA Limitless VS ($15k) Walmart MC ($7.5k) AAdvantage Aviator Silver WEMC ($11.3k)
Message 11 of 25
Elcid89
Contributor

@resilient wrote:

One last question.....I know you said you don't have one of their cards, but do they have instant approvals, or are they all "7-10 days"? And is the recon number open on weekends?

I would imagine that they have to have instant approvals in-store, or else it defeats the purpose of offering you the opportunity to apply there. If they can't instant approve, then they lose the business to another lender or they lose the sale outright.

I have no idea about their credit department hours, sorry. You could call and ask / check?

FICO 04 scores: 809 (EQ) 812 (EX) 818 (TU)

Amex Platinum NPSL - Citi HHonors Sig. $58k - BMW Ultimate $40k
Chase Sapphire Preferred $62k - Merrill Lynch + Signature $41k - USAA Rate Advantage $28k
NFCU Flagship Signature $50k - USAA Cash Rewards AMEX $28k
Citi Platinum Select / AAdvantage Signature $31k - Chase Amtrak Rewards World MC $41k

Message 12 of 25
resilient
Established Contributor

Good info, Thanks, and I'll ponder if I really need it. It seems like it'd be a nice card though.

Amex Platinum Amex PRG Amex Hilton Surpass ($7k) Citi AAdvantage WEMC ($20k) Citi Hilton Honors VS ($6.8k) Dillard's Amex ($7.5k) Discover it ($6.5k) FNBO Chrysler MC ($30k) Military Star Card ($4.8k) Nordstrom VS ($25k) PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS ($20.5k) Ritz-Carlton VI ($54.5k) Starwood Preferred Guest Amex ($10k) Susan G. Komen WMC ($38k) Kinetic CU Visa ($10k) US Bank Cash + VS ($16k) Sears MC ($6k) USAA Limitless VS ($15k) Walmart MC ($7.5k) AAdvantage Aviator Silver WEMC ($11.3k)
Message 13 of 25
Elcid89
Contributor

If you do apply, go for the Nordstrom Notes, not the retail card. Best of luck!

Chase Sapphire Preferred $62k - Merrill Lynch + Signature $41k - USAA Rate Advantage $28k
Citi Platinum Select / AAdvantage Signature $31k - Chase Amtrak Rewards World MC $41k

Message 14 of 25
bostonte
Frequent Contributor

Instant approvals are available in store. At Nordstrom though, an "instant" approval often means the associate taking your app phones in to credit services and they verify id and might ask some questions. Or it just spits out on the receipt as a true instant approval, but they do love to confirm id and such -- so dont think the associate having to call in means your declined. It's very common.

Online instant approvals are rare. They usually 7-10 day everyone. Sometimes they will have an answer almost right away if you call. again, don't think having to wait necessarily means you are declined.

Credit services is open 24/7. it's possible a recon would be handled by a supervisor that works regular business hours though. depends on if you are declined for something easily overridden or if you need more authority to approve.

Message 15 of 25
resilient
Established Contributor

Lots of good info, I appreciate it. Do you know which report they pull? I'm in Georgia.
Message 16 of 25
Elcid89
Contributor

@resilient wrote:
Lots of good info, I appreciate it. Do you know which report they pull? I'm in Georgia.

I believe they always pull EQ, and if necessary / marginal, they'll pull TU as well.

Message 17 of 25
resilient
Established Contributor

And would you say scores need to be well over 700?
Message 18 of 25
Elcid89
Contributor

@resilient wrote:
And would you say scores need to be well over 700?

I don't know for sure, but they have a reputation as a somewhat conservative lender, so I would imagine the closer to 700, the better.

Message 19 of 25
resilient
Established Contributor

Thanks a lot. I'll find the recon number just in case, and pull the trigger!

Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.