Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nordstrom Credit Card

tag
JoMellow
Established Contributor

Nordstrom Credit Card

I don't have one; but their Anniversary Sale is starting soon & I want to make a few purchases..

Any chance of getting their Visa card via online app? 

Am I crazy for wanting this card?  *sigh at store cards* 

Original Scores: EQ FICO 645, TU 672, EX FICO 663 (4/2014)
Current Scores: EQ FICO 824, TU 840, EX FICO 826 (3/2018)
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

Re: Nordstrom Credit Card

You can get a visa with an online app, I did. I was approved, called in and asked if it could be a VISA, my approved limit was $10,000 so the CSR said no worries it is a Visa. So guessing on your starting limit you CAN get a Visa onliine.... as always YMMV, just telling my situation.  And if it is a Visa then it's really NOT a store card anyway....LOL

Message 2 of 5
Callandra
Valued Contributor

I used to work at Nordstrom and the card is *okay*. I think it's a 2% back card and then they send you a Nordies Note for $20. I recommend applying in store because verification won't be an issue and the store employee can also call credit services for you right there if you want to talk to them then. Plus they'll give you a temp shopping pass. Cat Happy

Quicksilver $10,000 | Better Balance Rewards $2000 | Sallie Mae $3500 | Freedom $3500

Last HP: 9/27/2015
Message 3 of 5
JoMellow
Established Contributor

@odd_dog wrote:

You can get a visa with an online app, I did. I was approved, called in and asked if it could be a VISA, my approved limit was $10,000 so the CSR said no worries it is a Visa. So guessing on your starting limit you CAN get a Visa onliine.... as always YMMV, just telling my situation.  And if it is a Visa then it's really NOT a store card anyway....LOL

Thanks - I'd be okay with a Visa (don't really need it) but the store card is of no interest to me. 

Message 4 of 5
JoMellow
Established Contributor

@Callandra wrote:

I used to work at Nordstrom and the card is *okay*. I think it's a 2% back card and then they send you a Nordies Note for $20. I recommend applying in store because verification won't be an issue and the store employee can also call credit services for you right there if you want to talk to them then. Plus they'll give you a temp shopping pass. Cat Happy

I'm not near a store - otherwise I'd be super tempted to go there today to do it.  Thanks so much for the info. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.