cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nordstrom - Interesting challenge I'm currently facing...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Nordstrom - Interesting challenge I'm currently facing...

By the way, I saw you have Macy's and they gave you 1200 CL. That is what they gave me and I asked them to close the card or give me a better limit, they asked how much I wanted and I said 10k. They approved me for 10k. I've seen it happening so many times, for some reason 1200 is like a magic number for them, 2 of my friends got the same and inkreased it to 4k right away. Never hurts to try, they may match your 4k Chase. Make sure you ask them not to pull your credit to do it.
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Lexa,

Thanks for your kind and valuable contribution.  I received the Macy's card the other day and they mailed me the Macy's Visa, product which I did not ask for.  When applying for the store card, they had asked me if I wish for the Macy's Visa as well.  I answered no, perhaps in the future.  Well, I received the Macy's Visa card with a $6,000.00 CL.  Should I still ask them for an increase on the Macy's store card?  It remained at $1,200.  BTW, what were your scores when you asked them for a 10K CL and was the request for the store card or for the Macy's Visa?

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

rebuilding_credit

Message 12 of 15
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

yes you should ask for it. in my experience you can ask for more than the CLI offered every 3 months for store and now 6 months for visa.

I started with 1k store and 2k visa, 1 year later I now have 10k store, 12k visa.  My first 2 increases I asked for double current CL and was given it even though the computer had only originally offered me the common $700 

Message 13 of 15
TangMeister
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello creditaddict,

Firstly, Happy New Year!  Hoping you had a wonderful holiday!  I was actually declined but after much persistence and diligence, I was approved for a small CL of $500.00 for the store card. I do recall that you had conveyed to request an upgrade but they declined.  :-(

Congrats on the Nordstrom recon!  Once you're in with Nordies, you're in, and it's nice to see someone understand it's a victory not an insult to gain the store card in this respect.  I'm sure with good history, you'll be good to go on the Signature Visa upgrade later this year.   Smiley Wink

Edit to add:  And even bigger congrats on the Macy's Visa!  

Message Edited by TangMeister on 01-05-2010 11:57 AM
Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

My scores where about 770 (Fako, creditchecktotal), 3 new accounts in the past 2 months, 3 inquiries on EX. I have no idea if it is a visa or a store card, forgot to ask and decided to wait for it in the mail insteadSmiley Happy I think you can always change those
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.