Frequent Contributor
Lexa

Re: Nordstrom - Interesting challenge I'm currently facing...

By the way, I saw you have Macy's and they gave you 1200 CL. That is what they gave me and I asked them to close the card or give me a better limit, they asked how much I wanted and I said 10k. They approved me for 10k. I've seen it happening so many times, for some reason 1200 is like a magic number for them, 2 of my friends got the same and inkreased it to 4k right away. Never hurts to try, they may match your 4k Chase. Make sure you ask them not to pull your credit to do it.
Established Member
rebuilding_credit

Hello Lexa,

Thanks for your kind and valuable contribution.  I received the Macy's card the other day and they mailed me the Macy's Visa, product which I did not ask for.  When applying for the store card, they had asked me if I wish for the Macy's Visa as well.  I answered no, perhaps in the future.  Well, I received the Macy's Visa card with a $6,000.00 CL.  Should I still ask them for an increase on the Macy's store card?  It remained at $1,200.  BTW, what were your scores when you asked them for a 10K CL and was the request for the store card or for the Macy's Visa?

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

rebuilding_credit

Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

yes you should ask for it. in my experience you can ask for more than the CLI offered every 3 months for store and now 6 months for visa.

I started with 1k store and 2k visa, 1 year later I now have 10k store, 12k visa.  My first 2 increases I asked for double current CL and was given it even though the computer had only originally offered me the common $700 

Fico Scores: EQ- 626 Overstck., TU 696 Walmart, EX 695 Chase (11-05-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
66 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Frequent Contributor
TangMeister

[ Edited ]

rebuilding_credit wrote:

Hello creditaddict,

Firstly, Happy New Year!  Hoping you had a wonderful holiday!  I was actually declined but after much persistence and diligence, I was approved for a small CL of $500.00 for the store card. I do recall that you had conveyed to request an upgrade but they declined.  :-(

Congrats on the Nordstrom recon!  Once you're in with Nordies, you're in, and it's nice to see someone understand it's a victory not an insult to gain the store card in this respect.  I'm sure with good history, you'll be good to go on the Signature Visa upgrade later this year.   :smileywink:

Edit to add:  And even bigger congrats on the Macy's Visa!  

Message Edited by TangMeister on 01-05-2010 11:57 AM
Frequent Contributor
Lexa

My scores where about 770 (Fako, creditchecktotal), 3 new accounts in the past 2 months, 3 inquiries on EX. I have no idea if it is a visa or a store card, forgot to ask and decided to wait for it in the mail instead:smileyhappy: I think you can always change those

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}