Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nordstrom, Macy's and Banana Republic

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nordstrom, Macy's and Banana Republic

Hi everyone,

I was thinking of applying for one of these cards and wanted your input as to which one my best bet is.  My Fako's are:  TU 573, EX 585, EQ 610 and my Myfico is: EQ 624

I have 3 inqs on my EQ report (actually it might be 5, but TC says two are duplicates), which I understand maybe an issue with Nordstrom.  The two double inqs were from Oct 07 and the other one is from Nov 08.   

I was thinking of apping for Nordstrom, then Macys and BR and stopping with the first guys to accept me (if any)  Please let me know what you think. 

Thanks for your help

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
dizbuster
Frequent Contributor

Re: Nordstrom, Macy's and Banana Republic

I apped for Old Navy with scores similar to yours and was approved. I had about the same amount of inqs. as well. I have heard Old Navy can be tricky to get so YMMV. I think it would depend on your baddies (what kind and how many). My experiance is Old Navy is easier to get out of the three. (Piperlime, Old Navy, Banana Republic). Remember you can use any card at any of the three stores. Good luck.Smiley Happy
A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
7/6/2009 Equ 664 TU 680 (15 and 19 point jump respectively this week, over 100 point increase in 6 months)
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply dizbuster.  However, aren't all the Gap cards backed by the same financial institution (GEMB I think), and if so, why would you not be approved for a BR card but get approval for an Old Navy card?  I do have some baddies that I've recently paid off.  I also heard that Nordstrom isn't concerned as much by your credit score as much as they are concerned with the number of inqs you've had.  Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks

Message 3 of 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

your best bet in order:

Macy's

BR

Nordie 

Message 4 of 5
oracles
Valued Contributor

Hi Rob

Nordie will still look at your report. They do take notice to the number of inqs but depending on the baddies, they will decline you.

I think your best bet is a Macy's card. They may start you out with a very small limit but a card nonetheless

Also make sure you are going to use it. If you get a Macy's card and you don't shop there, there is nothing worse than to use a card just because you have to and force yourself to buy something you don't like just to keep it active.

Also I would try to clean up your report so you are able to have a better chance at better cards.

You may want to look into a B of A secured card. It will unsecured in 9-12 months.

Hope this helps and keep us updated

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.