Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nordstrom PC from a Store to Signature?

tag
QueenBeeOC
Regular Contributor

Nordstrom PC from a Store to Signature?

I pulled the trigger on the card of my dreams today - well sorta - the Nordies Store CARD! 

However, I know that the Visa Signature is WAY better but I didnt want to apply in store - I called and asked for a PC to a siggy, no luck. 

Has anyone gotten a PC?? right after approval!?

Southwest: $9k - Discover It $1,900 - Amazon $2,900 - CAP1 - $1,500 - QuickSilver (FKA Orchard) - $900 - J. Crew $1K - LOFT $1K - Nordstroms $1K - Amex BCE - $3,000
Scores: Credit Karma 687, Credit Sesame 660- EQ 643 - EX 665 (from Amex)- TQ 655 Lender Pull: 693

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
bostonte
Frequent Contributor

Re: Nordstrom PC from a Store to Signature?

What was your approval for?

If your profile is strong enough, go into the store and have them call into the credit department. (But it will be crazy busy today)

If you were borderline, I would just use it for 7 statements and then call in to be upgraded. They're very easy about upgrading after some history.

It makes a difference to Nordstrom that you are in the store and they can verify you in person.
Message 2 of 11
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@QueenBeeOC wrote:

I pulled the trigger on the card of my dreams today - well sorta - the Nordies Store CARD! 

However, I know that the Visa Signature is WAY better but I didnt want to apply in store - I called and asked for a PC to a siggy, no luck. 

Has anyone gotten a PC?? right after approval!?

Based on your siggy, the CL they gave you would not qualify for their siggy.  The upgrade is simple enough and can be done without a hp but you are not eligible for a cli for the first 7 statements.

Message 3 of 11
TatorTodd
Regular Contributor

you will need to wait until 6 months, and/or have a credit limit of 5k (which is doable, i went from 500, 1500, 5000 in 6 months)

NCFU Flagship(80k) DC Elite (40k) Cash Sapphire Preferred(38k) DC Premier (30k) NFCU CashRewards (25k) USAA Amex (22k) USAA MasterCard (16k) Barclay Arrival+ Elite (15k) Nordstrom (15k) BofA Rewards (12.5k) 4 Amices (50k)

As of 10/13/14
Experian: 787 - EquiFax: 798 - TU: 789
Message 4 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@TatorTodd wrote:

you will need to wait until 6 months, and/or have a credit limit of 5k (which is doable, i went from 500, 1500, 5000 in 6 months)

+1, 6 months and they seem to give anyone that asks the CLI to $5k and the PC to Visa siggi!

Message 5 of 11
sandman2435
Established Contributor

Just got mine upgraded the other day,no HP took about 1 minute and it was upgraded to a visa siggy

Message 6 of 11
Glkslngr
Frequent Contributor

Hi! I just received a CLI from them last month. I've been with them for about 6 years, PIF almost every month, and have never been late on payements.. Do you guys thnk they would bump me to a signature card?

Message 7 of 11
QueenBeeOC
Regular Contributor

@bostonte wrote:
What was your approval for?

If your profile is strong enough, go into the store and have them call into the credit department. (But it will be crazy busy today)

If you were borderline, I would just use it for 7 statements and then call in to be upgraded. They're very easy about upgrading after some history.

It makes a difference to Nordstrom that you are in the store and they can verify you in person.

$1K is what I was approved for.

Southwest: $9k - Discover It $1,900 - Amazon $2,900 - CAP1 - $1,500 - QuickSilver (FKA Orchard) - $900 - J. Crew $1K - LOFT $1K - Nordstroms $1K - Amex BCE - $3,000
Scores: Credit Karma 687, Credit Sesame 660- EQ 643 - EX 665 (from Amex)- TQ 655 Lender Pull: 693

Message 8 of 11
hitch345
Valued Member

I got a auto CLI last month from 500 to 1k.  I read this thread and just called customer service and was bumped up to 2k!!!  The rep, who was very friendly, told me to call back in 4 months for another CLI to 5k and possible PC to the Visa.  Already marked my calendar to call back on Nov 11 lol.

Starting Score: 495 Oct 2013
Current Score: 685 Jan 2015 FICO EQ
Goal Score: (Old 680) New Goal of 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 11
DaJagman
Regular Contributor

@Glkslngr wrote:

Hi! I just received a CLI from them last month. I've been with them for about 6 years, PIF almost every month, and have never been late on payements.. Do you guys thnk they would bump me to a signature card?

Was it an auto cli or did you call in?   I've had my card for 3 years and started with an 800 dollar store card.  a year later I got upgraded to a 3K Platinum Visa.  9 months after that I called in and asked the lady how high could she go....  She gave me a 12K limit and asked if I wanted it converted to the Visa Signature.  If you call in and ask the worst that can happen is they'll say no and say wait for 6 months.

FICOs: EX: 840, EQ: 850, TU: 841
Bank of America Cash Rewards 50k
Diners Club Premier 40k
Chase Sapphire Reserve 50k
American Express Platinum NPSL
Discover it 47K
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.