Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nordstrom Recon Experience

tag
bribro
Valued Contributor

Re: Nordstrom Recon Experience

@kampfer09 wrote:
I applied last week and they decline me due to inquires. I was so excited about it too when the CSR told me about the card they offer. Anyway, I emailed them and told them I left the store with a bitter taste in my mouth. I have spend $$$$ there and this is how they repay me...👿👿👿👿

Did they ever respond to your email?

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 21 of 26
CreditCardDiva
Regular Contributor

@bribro wrote:

@CreditCardDiva wrote:

....and they're inquiry sensitive for the DEBIT CARD. I was stunned, when I was declined, because of inquiries.. It kinda left a bad taste in my mouth. I love Nordstrom, but I can fall out of love with them just as quickly.

OP,  congrats to you, considering all the hoops you had to jump thru, with an 800 credit score.  SMH

Wow. I would be furious if they declined me for the debit card because of recent inquiries. There's almost no credit risk in that case; they shouldn't even be pulling credit reports but rather ChexSystems.

Yeah, I was also left with very bad taste in my mouth; I think I used that exact phrase in my email. Being denied for credit while the sales associate, whom I was on a first-name basis with, was ringing me up was very embarassing. He was just as shocked as I was with the denial because he knows how good of a customer I've been, and I'm sure he was upset that it nearly cost him a large sale (I did come back the next day to complete it).

Had I been ultimately denied for this card, I would have seriously considered returning everything I recently purchased and just going to Bloomingdale's down the street.

Yeah, they use IDA - I'd never heard of them, before I got my letter explaining that I'd been declined. I guess my score indicated that there was a "high fraud risk", according to the Nordstrom credit rep. Nordstrom can go kick rocks. I preach all day long about a company's right to decline credit to anyone. But a darn...debit card? I'm not in Checksytems, Telechek, etc., so I don't understand it. 

Credit Rebuild Start Date (3/12)
Oakland County CU Visa ($500) | Capital One Quick Silver One ($600) | Capital One Secured MC ($200) | Walmart ($1600) | PayPal Credit ($1000) | Jared ($3500) | Victoria's Secret ($850) | Gettington ($3500) | Amazon Store Card ($850) | NewEgg Preferred ($2400) | Discover IT ($1500) | Dillard's AMEX ($1500) Target ($1500) | Overstock Store Card ($1200) | Kohl's ($1500) | Old Navy ($650) | Macy's Store Card ($800) | The Limited ($350)
Message 22 of 26
wheeee1234

@bribro wrote:

Do you know if Nordstrom's likes to see heavy usage prior to granting a CLI? I wouldn't be surprised if I never used this card since I can get 6x through the UR mall and 5x through gift cards if I need to shop there in person. The only time I can see myself using the Nordstrom card would be on a 5x day where the cashback equivalent comes out to 10%.

I went from $1000 to $2300 pretty easily, but it was like pulling teeth to get them up to $4000.  And that was after I had the card for over 7 years with very heavy usage.  I don't really need more than that, but the limit just looked so paltry in comparison to my others.  When I had a lower limit though, I was able to purchase items above the limit, so long as I brought it back under when my payment was due.

Message 23 of 26
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@bribro wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:
I received my cc last November with 3 inq's ( they would be 4) the past 6 mos. only 1 inq preceding my app and of the 3 inq's, 2 were banking related (Alliant and ING). I believe that since they were spread out over 5 months they were ok with the number.

Ask for a CLI after your 6 statement has cut. Mine was a SP, YMMV but others have reported also they have been SP's.

Do you know if Nordstrom's likes to see heavy usage prior to granting a CLI? I wouldn't be surprised if I never used this card since I can get 6x through the UR mall and 5x through gift cards if I need to shop there in person. The only time I can see myself using the Nordstrom card would be on a 5x day where the cashback equivalent comes out to 10%.

I believe Nordstrom relies on heavy usage for CLIs.  My Visa Sig has grown to $12K in about 3 years.  Anything above $15K usually requires financial information, which I'm sure would not be an issue if your spend meets the requirements for the CLI.  IMO, Nordstrom has one of the best retail credit programs available.

Message 24 of 26
bribro
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the info guys. I guess I'll give a CLI a shot in 6 months, if I remember.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 25 of 26
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Congrats!  See you in the garden.

Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.