Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nordstrom Recon Experience

tag
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Nordstrom Recon Experience

Ah I see. Thanks a lot for the info. Damn they are very sensitive then :/

Hopefully they pull my EQ as well. My area is predominately EX pulls. But I probably will just give it more time then. If you had such a hard time getting approved I doubt I have any chance this year.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 11 of 26
CreditCardDiva
Regular Contributor

....and they're inquiry sensitive for the DEBIT CARD. I was stunned, when I was declined, because of inquiries.. It kinda left a bad taste in my mouth. I love Nordstrom, but I can fall out of love with them just as quickly.

OP,  congrats to you, considering all the hoops you had to jump thru, with an 800 credit score.  SMH

Credit Rebuild Start Date (3/12)
Oakland County CU Visa ($500) | Capital One Quick Silver One ($600) | Capital One Secured MC ($200) | Walmart ($1600) | PayPal Credit ($1000) | Jared ($3500) | Victoria's Secret ($850) | Gettington ($3500) | Amazon Store Card ($850) | NewEgg Preferred ($2400) | Discover IT ($1500) | Dillard's AMEX ($1500) Target ($1500) | Overstock Store Card ($1200) | Kohl's ($1500) | Old Navy ($650) | Macy's Store Card ($800) | The Limited ($350)
Message 12 of 26
bribro
Valued Contributor

@enharu wrote:
Ah I see. Thanks a lot for the info. Damn they are very sensitive then :/

Hopefully they pull my EQ as well. My area is predominately EX pulls. But I probably will just give it more time then. If you had such a hard time getting approved I doubt I have any chance this year.

They seemed to imply it wasn't that three HPs was a lot, but that they were all within 3 days (makes sense). Had I waited even just one month, I suspect the approval would have gone though automatically.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 13 of 26
bribro
Valued Contributor

@CreditCardDiva wrote:

....and they're inquiry sensitive for the DEBIT CARD. I was stunned, when I was declined, because of inquiries.. It kinda left a bad taste in my mouth. I love Nordstrom, but I can fall out of love with them just as quickly.

OP,  congrats to you, considering all the hoops you had to jump thru, with an 800 credit score.  SMH

Wow. I would be furious if they declined me for the debit card because of recent inquiries. There's almost no credit risk in that case; they shouldn't even be pulling credit reports but rather ChexSystems.

Yeah, I was also left with very bad taste in my mouth; I think I used that exact phrase in my email. Being denied for credit while the sales associate, whom I was on a first-name basis with, was ringing me up was very embarassing. He was just as shocked as I was with the denial because he knows how good of a customer I've been, and I'm sure he was upset that it nearly cost him a large sale (I did come back the next day to complete it).

Had I been ultimately denied for this card, I would have seriously considered returning everything I recently purchased and just going to Bloomingdale's down the street.

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 14 of 26
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I received my cc last November with 3 inq's ( they would be 4) the past 6 mos. only 1 inq preceding my app and of the 3 inq's, 2 were banking related (Alliant and ING). I believe that since they were spread out over 5 months they were ok with the number.

Ask for a CLI after your 6 statement has cut. Mine was a SP, YMMV but others have reported also they have been SP's.
Message 15 of 26
bribro
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
I received my cc last November with 3 inq's ( they would be 4) the past 6 mos. only 1 inq preceding my app and of the 3 inq's, 2 were banking related (Alliant and ING). I believe that since they were spread out over 5 months they were ok with the number.

Ask for a CLI after your 6 statement has cut. Mine was a SP, YMMV but others have reported also they have been SP's.

Do you know if Nordstrom's likes to see heavy usage prior to granting a CLI? I wouldn't be surprised if I never used this card since I can get 6x through the UR mall and 5x through gift cards if I need to shop there in person. The only time I can see myself using the Nordstrom card would be on a 5x day where the cashback equivalent comes out to 10%.

Message 16 of 26
CS800
Super Contributor

@bribro wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

Congrats !!

I take it you got the Visa Sig?

Thanks. Yup, they gave me a $5k CL, which I assume is the smallest line they do for that card. It makes no difference to me though because I will be using other cards to get 5x-6x in UR points, which are worth a whole lot more than Nordstrom Notes even on triple point days. I got the card for the tailoring allowance, early access to sales, and I wanted another store card since I don't have many.

I have the regular store card at $1k CL. They said I need to show more usage and then call to see if they can switch it to a Sig.

I'm waiting for the special events.

Message 17 of 26
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

Great job on your recon OP!  Congratulations!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 18 of 26
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I was told yes. Initially, I did not use it heavily for the first 2 months. During months 3-6 I used heavily and carried a sm balance ( less than 10%). My CLI was $2500.
Message 19 of 26
kampfer09
Frequent Contributor

I applied last week and they decline me due to inquires. I was so excited about it too when the CSR told me about the card they offer. Anyway, I emailed them and told them I left the store with a bitter taste in my mouth. I have spend $$$$ there and this is how they repay me...👿👿👿👿
Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.