Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nordstrom Store Card Utilization

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nordstrom Store Card Utilization

So I was recently approved fora $1k Nordstrom store card. My goal is to upgrade to a Nordstrom visa in 7 months.

My questions for those that have this (or have had):

1. Nordstrom wants to see me use this card monthly. How should I go about this? Should I buy one expensive item and pay that off in 2-3 months? What should my utilization rate be? Or should I buy one item and pay that off in full?

2. Should I can in 2-3 months and request for CLI (not upgrade)?

I'm asking and being very anal because this card is my absolute favorite and I don't want to screw up haha.

I just want to see all of y'alls experiences with Nordstrom. Thanks!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Nordstrom Store Card Utilization

i would use as much as i can.

i remember for my macys i got 600 CL. and within 6 months i had the amex version. 

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I only used mine twice. no auto CLI or visa version. keep us updated on your results!

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

To piggy back off OP's question: What if I didn't even use the store card once, but instead pushed $1 from my bank and now have a negative balance? Will I have a good chance to change to Nordstrom visa in 6 months?

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

i would use as much as i can.

i remember for my macys i got 600 CL. and within 6 months i had the amex version. 

You did??? I just spent 414 and am paying it off friday. I really want the amex version. Do you think using it monthly and paying it off will work or do I have to spend alot? I really dont want to overspend but I do want that amex upgrade.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm a Nordstrom shopper and VS cardholder. However I started with a mere retail version of the card.

I used the card normally, some months spending 1k while others I spent nothing. Nordstrom likes to see usage but they love to see you prove your repayment ability. I've never carried a balance and paid interest.

Don't over shop, but prove you can pay.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.