Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nordstrom Store Card

tag
ArisGreek
Frequent Contributor

Re: Nordstrom Store Card

Hey Jeff,

I just called the number and they said they always pull EQ, so if you're at 760 you'll get approved.  I also did a little research around the net on this card. I found that they are sensitive to:

• Too many inquiries
  • High utilization (>25%
I had neither so that was good.  The Nordy's Sig card is a nice card and has nice benefits but they aren't much different from their standard card. I was approved for it, but I opted out since I really want the TL to report. I have 2 World cards right now (Citi Thank You Preferred [PC from Citi AA] & Chase OnePass Plus) and was sooo bummed when I found out the TL on Chase didn't post, *groan* plus I have an AMEX Zync for Charge so there are 3 of my 7 (8?) I can't think right now accounts that do not post TLs...So I totally needed this even though my util is so low!
I may actually close the Citi Thank You Preferred when I get the new card.  I never really use it.  I mainly use my Zync/Blue Sky Pref and now my Chase.  My Chase I think may become my primary.  I feel like now I may have too many cards...

===========
TU: 745(TU98) | EQ: 774 | EX: ? | NO BADDIES!
What's in my wallet? AMEX Platinum, United Presidential Plus World Elite MC, AMEX JetBlue, Nordstrom Visa Sig, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More, AMEX Zync, Citi AAdvantage Plat Select Visa, Banana Republic, Home Depot
Message 21 of 25
jefftca925
Established Contributor

@ArisGreek wrote:

Hey Jeff,

I just called the number and they said they always pull EQ, so if you're at 760 you'll get approved.  I also did a little research around the net on this card. I found that they are sensitive to:

• Too many inquiries
  • High utilization (>25%
I had neither so that was good.  The Nordy's Sig card is a nice card and has nice benefits but they aren't much different from their standard card. I was approved for it, but I opted out since I really want the TL to report. I have 2 World cards right now (Citi Thank You Preferred [PC from Citi AA] & Chase OnePass Plus) and was sooo bummed when I found out the TL on Chase didn't post, *groan* plus I have an AMEX Zync for Charge so there are 3 of my 7 (8?) I can't think right now accounts that do not post TLs...So I totally needed this even though my util is so low!
I may actually close the Citi Thank You Preferred when I get the new card.  I never really use it.  I mainly use my Zync/Blue Sky Pref and now my Chase.  My Chase I think may become my primary.  I feel like now I may have too many cards...

Thanks for the heads up!  I only have like 1 inq from July and 1 from Jan of 2010 on my EQ and my CC util is around 1-2%.  The CL not reporting issue doesn't bother me as I usually PIF my cards every month (I have 3 now on my reports out of 14 accounts).   I don't NEED the card.. but it sure is purty and I like shopping there.  I use my Chase cards the most too since I bank with them and the points really add up.

CCs: Chase Freedom VS 12.9k, CSP VISA Sg 13k, BofA Amex 24.5k, Discover 12.5k, US Bank Cash+ Visa Sg 17k, Macy's Amex 8k/1.5k, Gap Visa 10k, Best Buy 11.1k, Citi TY MC 10.8k, Citi AA Amex 6k, Nordstrom VS 10k, Costco Amex 12k, BofA CR VS 5k, Amex BCP 13.5k, Amex ED 5k, Sears MC 9k, HD 7k, Target 600, Amazon 7k, US Bank MC 15k, US Airways MC 8k, NFL Visa 4k, Patelco Visa 10k, Penfed PR VS 44.6k, Chase Hyatt VS 8k, Citi Simplicity 13.3k, PayPal MC 7.5k, BBVA Visa 4k, WF VS 14k, FNBO Amex 14.1k, OCCU VISA 15k, TR Visa Sg 16.3k, C1 QS Visa 11k, FRN MC 15k, HSN 4k, Saks WEMC 10k/4k, Chase Ink 18k, Arrival WEMC 10k, Ebates VS 8k, Orbitz VS 12k, NASA V 30k, USBk FP VS 21.5k, DC 30k, VirgAm 15k, Sams MC 15k, Amex Bz Gold, Amex SC 10k, BofW Bz MC 18k
Message 22 of 25
ArisGreek
Frequent Contributor

Word! I just got my Nordstrom card in the mail yesterday and the store card is this holographic, 3d, rainbow-esque gorgeousness. LOL The back of the card has your account number, name, etc.  Wow! It's a very sexy card. hahaha. 

===========
TU: 745(TU98) | EQ: 774 | EX: ? | NO BADDIES!
What's in my wallet? AMEX Platinum, United Presidential Plus World Elite MC, AMEX JetBlue, Nordstrom Visa Sig, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More, AMEX Zync, Citi AAdvantage Plat Select Visa, Banana Republic, Home Depot
Message 23 of 25
jefftca925
Established Contributor

It's still on my radar... just trying to come up with a "logical" reason why I would need this card...hmmmm.  I really would like to get my scores back up to the 800 range (where they were a year ago) and that's gonna take some real restraint to not apply.

CCs: Chase Freedom VS 12.9k, CSP VISA Sg 13k, BofA Amex 24.5k, Discover 12.5k, US Bank Cash+ Visa Sg 17k, Macy's Amex 8k/1.5k, Gap Visa 10k, Best Buy 11.1k, Citi TY MC 10.8k, Citi AA Amex 6k, Nordstrom VS 10k, Costco Amex 12k, BofA CR VS 5k, Amex BCP 13.5k, Amex ED 5k, Sears MC 9k, HD 7k, Target 600, Amazon 7k, US Bank MC 15k, US Airways MC 8k, NFL Visa 4k, Patelco Visa 10k, Penfed PR VS 44.6k, Chase Hyatt VS 8k, Citi Simplicity 13.3k, PayPal MC 7.5k, BBVA Visa 4k, WF VS 14k, FNBO Amex 14.1k, OCCU VISA 15k, TR Visa Sg 16.3k, C1 QS Visa 11k, FRN MC 15k, HSN 4k, Saks WEMC 10k/4k, Chase Ink 18k, Arrival WEMC 10k, Ebates VS 8k, Orbitz VS 12k, NASA V 30k, USBk FP VS 21.5k, DC 30k, VirgAm 15k, Sams MC 15k, Amex Bz Gold, Amex SC 10k, BofW Bz MC 18k
Message 24 of 25
lovely222
Regular Contributor

@jefftca925 wrote:

It's still on my radar... just trying to come up with a "logical" reason why I would need this card...hmmmm.  I really would like to get my scores back up to the 800 range (where they were a year ago) and that's gonna take some real restraint to not apply.

Don't do it! 800's are so impressive.

6/13: FICO TU (Walmart): 750
6/13: FICO EQ (Score Watch): 769
Goal: 780+, 0 Balances, No app'ing! (For real this time!!!)
Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.