Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nordstrom Visa Signature Card Benefits

tag
bribro
Valued Contributor

Nordstrom Visa Signature Card Benefits

I'm looking into a Nordstrom credit card in anticipation of their Anniversary sale later this month. When I look at the rewards structure of the Nordstrom Visa Signature, it looks like making non-Nordstrom purchases with it doesn't make any sense. It's basically a 1% cash back card, except the cash back can only be spent at Nordstrom. Am I missing something? Do you get certain fringe benefits for using the Visa Signature over the regular Nordstrom store credit card?

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

Re: Nordstrom Visa Signature Card Benefits

@bribro wrote:

I'm looking into a Nordstrom credit card in anticipation of their Anniversary sale later this month. When I look at the rewards structure of the Nordstrom Visa Signature, it looks like making non-Nordstrom purchases with it doesn't make any sense. It's basically a 1% cash back card, except the cash back can only be spent at Nordstrom. Am I missing something? Do you get certain fringe benefits for using the Visa Signature over the regular Nordstrom store credit card?

You read things right. It is a 1% card and as I remember, once you spend $2000 on it, they will send you a gift cert for $20 off at Nordstrom.

Other normal Visa Siggy bennies apply to this card...

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 2 of 20
bribro
Valued Contributor

Okay, good to know. I guess the only real benefit then is that you get early access to sales. Now I just have to determine if that's worth an HP and new TL...

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 3 of 20
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

If you spend a lot I think the fringe benefits would seem more worth it... I have been out of Nordie loop for many years now but they had started that new program for "BIG" Spenders that was tiered 1,2,3,4 or maybe just 1-3 being $10,001+, $15,001+, $20,000+ maybe a $25k mark too...

But those were geared towards the private events and basically private event bonus stuff or allowed guests and dedicated sales people etc. at events and then at the very top of the line over that $20k annual spending was like Black Amex sort of thing... Close enitre store and you and 10-50 people get to shop, get food, drinks, etc.

I use to go to the normal private events in Chicago, I guess about every 3 months they would have one... store would close at 8 i think and be open till 10 or so and you got a welcome at door gift and you got real invitations by mail about a month before and you RSVP with how many guests you were bringing.

oh and the Signature reported Credit Line back then, not sure if they still do or not.

Message 4 of 20
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

It's 1 pt for non-Nordstrom purchases, 2 pts for anything at Nordstrom.  I believe there's 3 triple points events per year if you're a Level 1 person and up to 6 if you're level 4.  Also a few double points events through the year too.  The private holiday event at the end of the year (level 2 or above) gets you 10 pts per dollar spent.  

If you shop at the right times (which it sounds like you are), you're probably in line for closer to 3-5% back in Nordstrom Notes.  I'm over $160 in notes and I think I'm at about $2.5K in Nordstrom purchases so far.          

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 5 of 20
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@visorboy1974 wrote:

It's 1 pt for non-Nordstrom purchases, 2 pts for anything at Nordstrom.  I believe there's 3 triple points events per year if you're a Level 1 person and up to 6 if you're level 4.  Also a few double points events through the year too.  The private holiday event at the end of the year (level 2 or above) gets you 10 pts per dollar spent.  

If you shop at the right times (which it sounds like you are), you're probably in line for closer to 3-5% back in Nordstrom Notes.  I'm over $160 in notes and I think I'm at about $2.5K in Nordstrom purchases so far.          

Thanks for this update!

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 6 of 20
bribro
Valued Contributor

Great, thanks for the reply! That definitely makes the card a lot more appealing.

Message 7 of 20
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

@bribro wrote:

Great, thanks for the reply! That definitely makes the card a lot more appealing.

They also have top notch customer service.  I'd recommend this card.  

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 8 of 20
mousefai
New Contributor

im interesting in getting this card, can someone pls help me with questions.

1st, dun think i can apply the card online? do i have to apply in store?

2nd, which cra do they pull?

3rd, are they generous on giving credit limit?

HSBC PREMIER WORLD MASTERCARD- 12000 LIMITS, PENFED- 2500 LIMITS, DISCOVER IT- 10000 LIMITS, CHASE FREEDOM- 3500 LIMITS, USAA MASTERCARD- 6500 LIMITS, CHASE SAPPHIRE- 7000 LIMITS, AMEX BLUE CASH EVERYDAY- 8000 LIMITS, US BANKS VISA PLATINUM- 5000 LIMITS, BARCLAY REWARD- 1500 LIMITS, WELLS FARGO VISA SIGNATURE- 5000 LIMITS, NORSTORM VISA- 5000 LIMITS, SUNTRUST- 1500 LIMITS

Message 9 of 20
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@mousefai wrote:

im interesting in getting this card, can someone pls help me with questions.

1st, dun think i can apply the card online? do i have to apply in store?   Nordstrom Visa Signature can only be applied in-store - not available online as of 1Q2013.  If not qualified for Visa Signature, you will be considered for the store version.

2nd, which cra do they pull?  Typically EQ.

3rd, are they generous on giving credit limit?  Yes, depending on your CR profile/income.

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.