cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nordstrom Visa Signature with no $5000 TL - your thoughts?

tag
24play

Nordstrom Visa Signature with no $5000 TL - your thoughts?

Hi everyone!

First time poster, long time lurker here. Smiley Tongue

So I've been really itching to get the Nordstrom Visa Signature, Chase Freedom, and Costco Amex (in this order) but I would like to know what you all think the odds of me obtaining these cards are - here's my stats:

Fico EQ: 802

Fico EX: 761

CK TU: 738

AAoA: 6 years 4 months

Utilization: 28%

Inquiry: 1

The only thing holding me back is my CL. I have a Capital One card with $2000 CL and I just got the Discover It with $4500 CL on 10/18, which hasn't been reported to CB yet).  I've read that Discover can take MONTHS to report to the agencies and my patience is running out! Smiley Frustrated I also understand that Nordstrom (or any Visa Signature cards) prefer you to have TL with $5000+ beforehand and that is where my problem lies. Is the fact that I don't yet have a $5000 TL a dealbreaker? I was thinking of heading to Nordstrom's some time next week (when it's not so much a wild zoo) to apply but I would like your opinions of whether you think I'll be approved or denied for the Visa (not retail card).

Thank you all in advance and happy app'ing (err...holidays)! Heart

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Nordstrom Visa Signature with no $5000 TL - your thoughts?

Welcome to forum. Not having a $5k CL is not a deal breaker. Besides the Cap 1, do you have any other TLs? Any baddies?
Message 2 of 9
24play

Thank you, Lexie-

I just got the Discover It ($4500) in Oct. but other than that no...no loans, mortgages, etc. No baddies either.

Message 3 of 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

The worse thing that can happen is you'll be approved with the store card. They are very good with upgrades after six months so it would not be a lost cause.
Definitely app in person
Message 4 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I would apply for all 3 of the ones you want right now!

I wouldn't worry 1 second about not having a previous $5k line... I bet your new ones will!

Message 5 of 9
manyquestions
Established Contributor

I think you will get approved for all of those cards.  Apply for the Nordstrom first.

Message 6 of 9
Longroad
Established Contributor

I had no other $5K CLs before Chase gave me mine. Besides, someone has to be first. Good luck and welcome
Message 7 of 9
24play

Thank you everyone for your feedback and warm welcome! I will apply for all 3 next week once I receive my 2nd Discover statement. Will keep you all updated! Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 9
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@24play wrote:

Hi everyone!

First time poster, long time lurker here. Smiley Tongue

So I've been really itching to get the Nordstrom Visa Signature, Chase Freedom, and Costco Amex (in this order) but I would like to know what you all think the odds of me obtaining these cards are - here's my stats:

Fico EQ: 802

Fico EX: 761

CK TU: 738

AAoA: 6 years 4 months

Utilization: 28%

Inquiry: 1

The only thing holding me back is my CL. I have a Capital One card with $2000 CL and I just got the Discover It with $4500 CL on 10/18, which hasn't been reported to CB yet).  I've read that Discover can take MONTHS to report to the agencies and my patience is running out! Smiley Frustrated I also understand that Nordstrom (or any Visa Signature cards) prefer you to have TL with $5000+ beforehand and that is where my problem lies. Is the fact that I don't yet have a $5000 TL a dealbreaker? I was thinking of heading to Nordstrom's some time next week (when it's not so much a wild zoo) to apply but I would like your opinions of whether you think I'll be approved or denied for the Visa (not retail card).

Thank you all in advance and happy app'ing (err...holidays)! Heart

Welcome! ...and watch it with the happy apping remarks...lol.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.