Frequent Contributor
manyquestions

Re: Nordstrom Visa / Store card

concorduser wrote:
Liz, stop feeling bad for your self. Many people could not even get the store card. I got my first card as store card with $2000 and I hardly use it and at the 6 month mark asked the for an upgrade to Visa. They approved the upgrade with a hard inq on Eq. Then I asked for CLI and they increased my CL to $7000. I am planning on asking for another CLI in the next couple of months or so and see if they would increase it to $15K. It is one of the best cards you can find out there. Search the posts and you'll not find a single complaint about this card. My Hearty Congractulations and welcome to Nordie Club. Trust me you'll not be disappointed with this card.

+1

You don't have to use it much, and 7 months is usually the first point at which you can call them and ask for the upgrade to visa and a better tier rate.  They usually only move you one tier at a time.  So use it a couple times, and in 7 months I bet you will get a visa with one tier better interest rate.  Good luck.

Frequent Contributor
creditdream

[ Edited ]

I totally agree with concorduser :smileyhappy: 

i wish if i had this card,but i have to wait until my 8 inq drops from my cr .

Wish me luck:smileywink:

Message Edited by creditdream on 01-24-2009 11:26 AM
Frequent Contributor
creditdream

Congrats Liz :smileyhappy: 
Frequent Contributor
elaine829

Hi, what credit scores do you need to get a nordstroms visa or store card. what credit bureau do they pull?
Senior Contributor
score_building

[ Edited ]

elaine829 wrote:
Hi, what credit scores do you need to get a nordstroms visa or store card. what credit bureau do they pull?

i applied for the visa and didn't get it but was psyched to be approved for the store card (with the scores in my siggy)  i don't think they like to see inquries on EQ.

the store card is a v. cool looking card besides being one of the best imo.

they pulled EQ for me in nyc.

Message Edited by score_building on 04-29-2009 04:20 PM
FICOS:
06/13 EX 765 (PSECU) EQ 771 (DCU) TU 779 (Barclays)
redcord

My 2 cents from Massachusetts: I applied for and received a Nordstrom store card with my scores as below. They pulled only Experian in MA.

TU 635 / Equifax 683 / Experian FAKO 697

Super Contributor
concorduser

redcord wrote:

My 2 cents from Massachusetts: I applied for and received a Nordstrom store card with my scores as below. They pulled only Experian in MA.

TU 635 / Equifax 683 / Experian FAKO 697

Interesting. They pulled EQ for me from NH.

Valued Contributor
tray

Hi, I am from Massachusetts and EQ only was pulled for me for the Nordstrom store card.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+