Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nordstrom app

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nordstrom app

Is there a way to find out if I was approved other then by mail? I applied a day ago because I heard they give out generous limits.

Thanks,

Snier

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Nordstrom app

I called the number that was on the application status page---I was denied with a 694 becuase one account said "account relationship terminated". Smiley Sad They are very nice over the phone though!
Message 2 of 12
Zar
Regular Contributor

I suggest that you call the phone number they gave you with your application number. When I applied for the store card online, I did not receive an immediate approval so I called ten minutes after I got that message and they put me on hold for a few minutes. After it they told me I was approved.

Zar Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 12
elaine829
Frequent Contributor

What was your credit score? And how many inquires did you have on your equifax? And did you have any baddies on credit report?
Message 4 of 12
Cotton_Britches
Frequent Contributor

Does Nordstrom check Equifax?
“Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase.”
Message 5 of 12
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@missypants wrote:
Does Nordstrom check Equifax?

Yes.
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I apped them last year I called the next day and they told me over the phone I was (surprisingly!) approved for a 2K limit. 

They only pulled EQ which at that time was 634 with 5 CO. No other place would approve me (besides Orchard and CapOne) but they did immediately. Less than a year later I have a 5K limit and they are fantastic to work with. I called them mid-summer to see about an increase and they actually asked me what I wanted. I was so scared I said 5K? and she said "ok, your CL is now 5K"...seriously that easy!

Good Luck! Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 12
elaine829
Frequent Contributor

How many inquires did you have? i heard they are sensitive with inquires i have 4 inquires. 3 inquires in one day for car shopping and a home depot inquire.
Message 8 of 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

the car inq should count as one, so you should be good to apply based on inq.
Message 9 of 12
bostonte
Frequent Contributor

No. The car inquiry doesn't "count as one".

For FICO purposes, supposedly they will consider them as one.

But they're still listed on the report. And an inquiry shy lender still sees the three inquiries and considers the three inquiries when underwriting. 

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.