cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nordstrom appears to be the last "inhouse" bank?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nordstrom appears to be the last "inhouse" bank?

Years ago I had a Nordstom account which eventually was closed because I never used it.  My original tradeline was like 1988 and it closed around 2004 I think.  I wonder if there is a way to reinstate this account which had no derogs, just closed for non-use?

Anyone have any experience or insight here?  I called the CS number on website and they couldn't find me by SSN.  I have an old CR that has a partial account number, but can't find anything from that far back with the whole account number.  Would be nice to get that old tradeline back Smiley Happy  Wishful thinking? Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: Nordstrom appears to be the last "inhouse" bank?

With your scores you'll get the card. It is one of the best card out there. Excellent customer service and generous CL's and low interest rates. Yep, it is one the last banks of this breed. You should get this card. It is a  card I highly recommend to every one.
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you give the CSR your partial number when you called?

Some months ago I had a 12 yr. old AMEX CO suddenly pop up  on my credit reports. When I called AMEX to ask them to remove it they only needed the partial number and my last name to find me in their system.  I know AMEX may keep longer more complete records on us, but possibly Nordstrom can find you with your partial number also.

Message Edited by VEEnVEGAS on 04-13-2009 09:35 AM
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't really want the card if it is a new account, for now....I would really like to get the old account back Smiley Happy

One of those, wish I knew then what I know now deals Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 14
y0rascal
Regular Contributor

does nordstrom report to all 3 cra's?
Message 5 of 14
athensguy
Valued Contributor

If it was closed in '04, it should still be showing up on current reports. Nordstrom does report to all three. They are prime, though they did an across the board ratejack.
Message 6 of 14
score_building
Senior Contributor

@athensguy wrote:
If it was closed in '04, it should still be showing up on current reports. Nordstrom does report to all three. They are prime, though they did an across the board ratejack.

i think the lowest apr offered shifted up from around 4.9 to somwhere around 7.9 (they have a tiered apr schedule based on creditworthiness, etc)  so the across the board apr increase was rather mild in comparison to what some other prime issuers are doing.  even with the recent increase, it would be diificult to find another store/ branded card that could beat 7.9.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually, I believe that somewhere in 2004 or 05 is when Nordstrom stopped showing on my CR.  I need to look at it again to check the status.  This was the store card.

I was just hopeful that since it was never derog and not included in my BK and was closed after long inactivity, they might be able to resurrect the original tradeline.  I'm not looking for a new tradeline with them....I don't actually shop with them...but would do an occassional online if I had the old one back. Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 14
score_building
Senior Contributor

creditaddict is a bit of a nordies knowledge guru, i think he mentioned only one instance he knew of with a possible nordies backdate but i think it was under unusual circumstances which i can't remember.  otherwise, i think it is only amex (and macy's sometimes?)... in any case there may be hope. 

did you already rifle through any junk drawers, etc. to see if you can scare up the full acct number?  their cs tends toward superlative as you probably know, so i hope they can go the extra mile for you on this and reestablish if at all possible. 

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately, I don't have any records with the full account number.

I'm going to follow up though, anyway. I've had great success with sheer persistence.  So, if there is a way....I'll find it.  But they may have a "once closed....never to be again" policy on accounts.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.