Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nordstrom are nuts!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nordstrom are nuts!!!

So, I applied for their Visa Platinum and got approved for 7.5k(EQ pull). Then I asked them to incredase the limit since it was too small and asked if they will pull my credit again. The rep told me "no, we have your report right here". Then he refused to increase the limit. When I came back home i looked at my report and saw that Nordstrom pulled all 3! In a week I got the letter My CL was lowered to 1k. I called to ask what was going on and they told me it was due to my EX inquiries (I had 5). WTF I asked them not to pull my credit again! So I talked to a couple of managers and finally President of the bank and the agreed to close the account and remove it like it never existed and also delete the inquiries, but they would not give me the line back. Such a shame, they used to be a good bank
Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Nordstrom are nuts!!!

sorry for your experience but I would have kept them, they give huge CLI if you show just a little history with them and 7.5 is a great opening line with them.
Message 2 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, they lowered your limit from 7.5 to 1K in the first week?
Message 3 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

The first day and I would have kept them if they gave me 7500 line back but they said not
Message 4 of 25
score_building
Senior Contributor

chalk it up to experience... pushing too hard for a CLI on activation would be unpalletable to almost any issuer in this climate, even for high scoring/ net worth applicants.  When it comes to being a new card holder best to prove yourself 1st before asking for more than you are eligible-- for that you at least want a payment history to back up your momentum.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 5 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's the thing, I have not been approved for less that 10k for the last 1.5 years and I know my creditworthiness. + Nordstrom are usually pretty generous with initial CL though you cannot get a lot more from them later (I think like 15k would be the max). 
Message 6 of 25
score_building
Senior Contributor

Lexa wrote:
That's the thing, I have not been approved for less that 10k for the last 1.5 years and I know my creditworthiness. + Nordstrom are usually pretty generous with initial CL though you cannot get a lot more from them later (I think like 15k would be the max). 

those new 10k+ accts may've gave them pause...new accts=increased risk, yet they still approved.  you may want to call back without any displays of entitlement to see if another rep will reopen for you.

since the card usually tops out at around 15k you were already half way there upon approval and they do give generous CLI with minimal usage IME.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 7 of 25
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Nordstrom is known to give low initial CL's and after proving yourself give huge CLI up to the 15k mark

Message 8 of 25
TangMeister
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry about the disappointing Nordstrom card experience, Lexa.

For the record, Nordstrom will go well beyond $15k on their Visa after some history with them.  That's just the often-stated max limit before they require proof of income.  I know of several over $25k, and at least one with a $50k limit on their Visa Signature card.

Message Edited by TangMeister on 01-25-2010 05:22 PM
Message 9 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

sorry to hear about your experience with Nordstrom Bank. When i first got my visa card with them my initial credit line was $2,000. I was only 19 years old. i was estatic at the time. 7.5k credit line is a decent starting credit line with any bank. Just think it will grow from there. just because you have cards over 10k at initial credit line with other banks doesnt mean its going to happen everytime.
Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.