Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nordstrom brought back the VISA PLAT!!

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Nordstrom brought back the VISA PLAT!!

@Creditplz wrote:
DW just sent a SM asking for it to be upgraded to the Visa Platinum

Good luck to her!! Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 44
LDS90
Valued Member

@Creditplz

If your DW is upgraded, would you please report to this thread whether the original nordstrom card "date opened" stays the same? I would like to upgrade to Visa ziggy but want my original date opened to remain the same---it is one of my oldest TLs. One CR said yes and another said no..........

Thanks very much.

Message 12 of 44
resilient
Established Contributor

Pizza1, thanks for the post! You made me login to check my Nordstrom VS account to make sure everything was good with it, and I noticed my interest rate was high. I called, got told they can't lower right now, but offered me my second SP CLI in a month....now at $20k! The getting is good at TD Bank!

Amex Platinum Amex PRG Amex Hilton Surpass ($7k) Citi AAdvantage WEMC ($20k) Citi Hilton Honors VS ($6.8k) Dillard's Amex ($7.5k) Discover it ($6.5k) FNBO Chrysler MC ($30k) Military Star Card ($4.8k) Nordstrom VS ($25k) PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS ($20.5k) Ritz-Carlton VI ($54.5k) Starwood Preferred Guest Amex ($10k) Susan G. Komen WMC ($38k) Kinetic CU Visa ($10k) US Bank Cash + VS ($16k) Sears MC ($6k) USAA Limitless VS ($15k) Walmart MC ($7.5k) AAdvantage Aviator Silver WEMC ($11.3k)
Message 13 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations, pizza! You have been on a roll!Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 44
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Yeah I'll update when she gets the response/upgrade
Message 15 of 44
happypill
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the upgrades.  Is Nordstrom a Syncrhony card?

Message 16 of 44
resilient
Established Contributor

@happypill wrote:

Congrats on the upgrades.  Is Nordstrom a Syncrhony card?

No wayyyyy! TD Bank.

Amex Platinum Amex PRG Amex Hilton Surpass ($7k) Citi AAdvantage WEMC ($20k) Citi Hilton Honors VS ($6.8k) Dillard's Amex ($7.5k) Discover it ($6.5k) FNBO Chrysler MC ($30k) Military Star Card ($4.8k) Nordstrom VS ($25k) PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS ($20.5k) Ritz-Carlton VI ($54.5k) Starwood Preferred Guest Amex ($10k) Susan G. Komen WMC ($38k) Kinetic CU Visa ($10k) US Bank Cash + VS ($16k) Sears MC ($6k) USAA Limitless VS ($15k) Walmart MC ($7.5k) AAdvantage Aviator Silver WEMC ($11.3k)
Message 17 of 44
TXinandout
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations! Didn't know Nordstroms was BK friendly.

@pizza1 wrote:

Hey peeps!  Just wanted to let everyone know that Nordstrom is now offering (again), the VISA PLATINUM! They use to have it years ago, and took it away, but I had heard from a source at EO is was coming back , and it's now here! 

Was told that they are making a lot of changes in the credit department, and it should be easier now for some to upgrade their store card to the Visa now that there's two levels......Plat and Siggy!

P.S.  I called and asked if I qualified to upgrade to the Plat, and too my surprise I had an offer on my account to upgrade to the Siggy, and a cli to $10k! I'll post official pictures later in approvals soon!💳😉

IMG_7017.JPG

BK Discharged 06/02/2016 SCORES AROUND 475

Current scores:
EXP-667
EQ-654
TU-653
Message 18 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations, Pizza! I know you have wanted the Visa upgrade for a long time! And thank you for the information; I thought Platinum was long dead Smiley Wink

Time for the rest of the retail cardholders to blow up the phones! Smiley Very Happy

Message 19 of 44
irunfromcredit
Frequent Contributor

@LDS90 wrote:

@Creditplz

If your DW is upgraded, would you please report to this thread whether the original nordstrom card "date opened" stays the same? I would like to upgrade to Visa ziggy but want my original date opened to remain the same---it is one of my oldest TLs. One CR said yes and another said no..........

Thanks very much.

The original open date remains the same when you upgrade.  I was upgraded in November and my credit reports still show open date of 2014. And my card also reflects it. good Luck!

Scores 8/25/2017~ TU: 753 / EXP: 742 / EQ: 726
Goal: 770's or higher by end of 2017
Message 20 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.