Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nordstrom is tough

tag
CS800
Super Contributor

Nordstrom is tough

Got the Nordstrom store card with a $500 CL blaaaaa. Spoke to the supervisor no joy. They said to show some history and in 6-7 month call back. I'll take it

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Nordstrom is tough

@CS800 wrote:

Got the Nordstrom store card with a $500 CL blaaaaa. Spoke to the supervisor no joy. They said to show some history and in 6-7 month call back. I'll take it

Wow, that is a bit disappointing.....but they do have great cust service supposedly, so I would think that they'll bump you up like the mentioned.   Did they pull EQ ?

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 15
CS800
Super Contributor

@pizzadude wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

Wow, that is a bit disappointing.....but they do have great cust service supposedly, so I would think that they'll bump you up like the mentioned.   Did they pull EQ ?

Yes disappointing for sure considering the same day old navy gives me a CL of $3000 So I'll do some spending on the nordy card and pif and see what happens

Message 3 of 15
CS800
Super Contributor

Yes they pulled EQ only.

Message 4 of 15
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

Yes they pulled EQ only.

Congrats on the card and I am  sorry the CL was not higher for you. I feel if you use it and PIF (as I know you will) in 6 months or so you would get the Siggy Visa without any issues.

My Wife started the same way, a fairly low limit store card but she used and PIF and I think in 8 months she was offered the Visa. They bumped her line to $5k where it sits today.

My Siggy Visa I only use for clothing. And, I use that card at Kohl's, JCP, Macy's, etc... Their rewards are "not" the best, but I am saving my points for a new Gucci wallet! That's the goal for me.

You might try calling one more time - you may catch a break...  Smiley Happy

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 5 of 15
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

Congrats on the card and sorry about the low limit, but there is no doubt in my mind that you know what/will do what it takes  to get it where you want it to bSmiley Wink

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 6 of 15
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

You'll get that CL up within a year.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 7 of 15
score_building
Senior Contributor

Congrats! Nordys is a great card to have IME the growth potential is typically excellent

after waiting the recommended 6 months

CLI request eligible every four months.

If didn't get the tier one rate remember to ask for it at each CLI request until you do as well.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 8 of 15
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

@score_building wrote:

Congrats! Nordys is a great card to have IME the growth potential is typically excellent

after waiting the recommended 6 months

CLI request eligible every four months.

If didn't get the tier one rate remember to ask for it at each CLI request until you do as well.

This.  

OP, you'll be fine.  Use the card and after the 7th statement cuts, ask for a PC.  Thanks for reminding me too...I'm due for a CLI request! 

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 9 of 15
GST2008
Frequent Contributor

Tough, but fair.  You got your foot in the door and as you build history, they will def. reward you for it.  When I was approved, I started with a low limit.  Maybe 1k I think.  Not only did they increase me to 6k over time, they also lowered my APR.  They have never turned me down for a CLI and it never cost me an additional HP.  I didn't even ask for the APR decreases, they did that automatically.  Plus the CS is excellent.  Give it a little time and you'll be very happy you applied for the card.

Current:
TU (5/14/14): 796 (Inquiries; 8/23/13)
EQ (3/23/14): 791 (Inquiries: 8/23/13)
EX (9/24/13): 780 (Inquiries: 7/2/12; 11/20/12; 7/30/13; 8/23/13)

Goals: No new inquiries for 2014, 800 for all CRs by 12/31/14
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.