cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nordstrom retail card change or upgrade to Visa?

tag
lameanda

Nordstrom retail card change or upgrade to Visa?

I received an alert that "An account on your report has been updated" and the change is that it went from "Charge" to "Credit Card" I was excited because I thought perhaps I had been upgrade to the Visa but when I looked at my statement I saw this: 

"Information Regarding Your Nordstrom Account

We truly value the loyalty you've shown us as a Nordstrom cardholder and we're committed to providing you with products
and services you can trust. In this spirit, we're implementing additional measures to enhance the security of your card. This
means you'll be receiving a new card with an expanded 16-digit account number, an expiration date and a three-digit customer
security code. Combined, these upgrades will continue to help protect you from fraudulent activity- and don't change the
great benefits and rewards you currently enjoy. We'll be sending your new card soon, so watch for it in the mail and be sure to
activate it right away. Happy shopping!"

Did anyone else get this?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Nordstrom retail card change or upgrade to Visa?

Nordstrom and TD changed the card design and account numbering system for the retail only card. You'll likely be receiving your new card soon.

This is likely not the upgrade to the visa you're expecting. However, if your account is at least 7 months old, call and ask to upgrade.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got my card last month. They sent me the normal retail card that does not have 16 digits. Like the one in my siggy. Lame! Even Macy's has 16digits

Message 3 of 5
Jon85
Frequent Contributor

I got the same alert yesterday and I called into Nordstrom to clarify.

It is still the retail card, but like someone else said, since TD Bank took over, they are changing their card design.

The numbers became 16 Digits and now has a chip in it, but is still a retail card. I had gotten excited too, haha!

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

no alert for me. lame

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.