Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nordstrom's CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nordstrom's CLI

I've had the store card a little over a year and I always carry a balance. I called and received a $2,000 CLI back in October with no problem. The CSR told me I could call back in 4 months to ask for another increase but I'm a little hesistant. My current limit is $3,000 with a balance of about $1,400.

I would like to jump from $3,000 to $9,000 as well as upgrade to the Visa. Think I have a shot? Or should I ask for a smaller increase maybe $3k to $6k?

Think my chances are better with a $0 or lower balance?

THANKS!
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: Nordstrom's CLI

I got my store card with $2k CL and after 6 months I asked them for product upgrade to visa. They did it. I asked them for CLI and they increased it by $5k to total $7k CL. I am planning on asking them to CLI to $10K in 4 months from now.
Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

I got my store card with $2k CL and after 6 months I asked them for product upgrade to visa. They did it. I asked them for CLI and they increased it by $5k to total $7k CL. I am planning on asking them to CLI to $10K in 4 months from now.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you have a balance at the time of the upgrade/increase? Did they do a soft pull?

THANKS again

Message 3 of 6
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

It is a hard pull. I did not have any balance at the time of CLI.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Nordstrom CLI

I just called Nordstrom to inquire about a Cli and was told my acct had to be 7 months old for the first Cli to be considered and then its every 4 months . I didnt have a backdoor # i called the # off the back of the card...
Message 5 of 6
GST2008
Frequent Contributor

Re: Nordstrom CLI

I had the same experience.  I called last week to request a CLI and was told 7 months also.  I opened the card in November and use it all the time, but the CL is only 1k.  I put at least $600 on a month and was hoping for a little love since every time I go in, I use such a high percentage of the available credit and have to make a payment.  Oh well, I'll give them a call back in three months.

Current:
TU (5/14/14): 796 (Inquiries; 8/23/13)
EQ (3/23/14): 791 (Inquiries: 8/23/13)
EX (9/24/13): 780 (Inquiries: 7/2/12; 11/20/12; 7/30/13; 8/23/13)

Goals: No new inquiries for 2014, 800 for all CRs by 12/31/14
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.