Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nordstrom's No Longer Offering Visa Platinum Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nordstrom's No Longer Offering Visa Platinum Card

Just called Nordstroms inquiring about upgrading my store card to a Visa Platinum and the CSR said they are no longer offering the Platinum.  They are however still offering the Signature card.  Does anybody know what score is required for the Signature card?  All I could get out of her is that it is less than 750 and more than 700.  Ha!  I tried.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

Re: Nordstrom's No Longer Offering Visa Platinum Card

Not 100% sure but when I did some googling it looks like 660 and above with no recent baddies or high util.

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value
Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955

800+ Club
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did ask if it had to be above 700 and she said yes.  Then I asked her if it had to be 750 and she said lower than that but wouldn't give me specifics.

Message 3 of 12
tray
Valued Contributor

What is happening nowadays with these banks, in a few months I was preparing to call Nordstrom's for an upgrade from my store card, I am not interested in the signature card as I think it does not report a credit limit.  Hopefully someone can chime in on this issue with the reporting.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 4 of 12
score_building
Senior Contributor

Csrs can't say if a specific score would be approved- fico is only one factor for approval.

The range 700+ sounds about right for the siggie.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 5 of 12
jaysdad2k
Frequent Contributor

Nordstrom Signature definitely does not report the CL. Mine started at $3 last May with a pull on both EQ and EX. My EQ was 744 when I went on a 3-app spree.

They raised me to $5K in October when I asked, and they told me that the Signature usually starts at $5K anyway. I exchanged a pair of shoes, and it had a high balance of $317 for about 2 days. That is what shows as my high balance on my CR, but I have PIF'ed it every time.

It would be nice to have the CL reported, but that is the downside of a Visa Signature. There was a deal on movie tickets with the Signature, and there are some cool features on the Signature website. If it were one of only a couple of cards I would be more concerned about the non-reported CL. I think having one Signature card is OK just for the benefits, and the credit limit is there if I do need it.

"Knowledge is of no value unless you put it into practice."- Anton Chekhov
4/11 TU 743 4/11 EQ 763
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree.  I was disappointed that they no longer have the Visa Platinum.  My BK falls off in 9 months and I'm anticipating my score going up quite a bit as I will have everything I owe on paid off by the end of the year.  I've had the Nordstrom store card for 2 years and I've been sooooooo good with it with the anticipation of qualifying for the Visa Platinum.  What a bummer!  Anyway, I don't know what is going on with these banks.  Macy's is not reporting CL any longer and I just read that Target is no longer issuing their Visa card either.  Hard to know what direction to go anymore.

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oops, I meant I've had the Nordstrom card for two years.  Don't know how to edit that comment.

Message 8 of 12
crosbyk1
Frequent Contributor

I hope they don't make platinum card holders switch to the signature card.

Starting Score: 744
Current Score: 744
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure.  We didn't get into that conversation.  I doubt that they would do that but you never know.  What is the benefit for them not reporting CL?   I can understand that the Signature card doesn't but you know that when you apply.  I totally don't understand Macy's move this month of no longer reporting CL.  It was my highest CL at $3,200 and I lost it.  Smiley Mad  It's going to really hurt my Utilization until I get that account paid off. 

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.