Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nordstrom's

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nordstrom's

What credit do you need to have to get approved for their visa card? Do they give instant approvals pretty often? My girlfriend wants apply for one, her own credit history is very short, but she is on a couple of my cards as an AU and has pretty high scores... we are hoping for an "instant" decicion"))
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
RABQUE
Regular Contributor

Re: Nordstrom's

I contacted them recently via telephone and the rep informed me that the only way to get an instant approval is to apply in the store……
Message 2 of 10
score_building
Senior Contributor

Re: Nordstrom

Lexa wrote:
What credit do you need to have to get approved for their visa card? Do they give instant approvals pretty often? My girlfriend wants apply for one, her own credit history is very short, but she is on a couple of my cards as an AU and has pretty high scores... we are hoping for an "instant" decicion"))

700 ish, if for some reason she doesn't qualify for the visa they'll consider her for the store card automatically.  after a few months she can easily qualify for the visa upgrade with a good payment history on the store card.  less than 3 EQ inq b4 app is key.

ps.  there's no 's' it's just Nordstrom.  i just recently realized this.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

LOL I never paid attention) She will apply in the store then. Now, I have a weird questions. Please, only for those who knows: If she applies in the store and her address is different from the one listed on the bureaus will it be a problem for instant decision? They may want to verify the applicant's address, but since she applies in the store, will that be neccessary? Or should she update the address first?
Message 4 of 10
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

They will probably ask for the drivers license for ID and take the address from DL. It gets automatically updated on the CRA database. Nordstrom is very good to deal with.
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

will it keep her from getting approved instantly though?
Message 6 of 10
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
will it keep her from getting approved instantly though?

I dont think so as long as applied in the store with proof of drivers license. There is no guarantee you might get instant approval in store. They might ask you to call back after a day or two. If a purchase is made and applied for the card, chances of getting approval are high. As you know there is no guarantees for any thing.
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did noy know they consider the fact of making a purchase while applying...))
Message 8 of 10
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Lexa wrote:
I did noy know they consider the fact of making a purchase while applying...))

It seems to cheer them up if you apply with an overflowing shopping cart. Smiley Happy
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 9 of 10
jaysdad2k
Frequent Contributor

I applied for Nordstrom online in May on a Saturday night, and my conflicting addresses created a delay. I called and faxed copies of several documents TWICE. They claimed they lost the first fax.

The following Saturday I showed up at Customer Service with my DL, phone bill, two credit card bills and car insurance summary showing my proper current address. Within minutes I was approved for a Visa Signature with $3,000 CL. But they did pull EX after pulling EQ the week before.

I definitely recommend her applying in-store, and "happen to have" all her documents in her purse.

It is a cool card with the rainbow design, and the sales people really give great service.

"Knowledge is of no value unless you put it into practice."- Anton Chekhov
4/11 TU 743 4/11 EQ 763
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.