Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nordstroms Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nordstroms Card

I recently applied for a Nordstroms Visa, and I received a Nordstroms Store card instead.  They gave me a 2000 limit which I was happy with.   My question is, Has this happened to other people.  Do they start you out at the store card and then work your way up to the visa card.

thank you

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Nordstroms Card

give it 6 months, maybe even sooner and call and ask for Visa.

also ask for tier 1 APR if your not at it.

They are GREAT bank and love to give cli and apr reductions.

Message 2 of 26
manyquestions
Established Contributor

Yeah, I know someone who called after 4 months and got the conversion to Visa.  I think they ended up with tier II or III interest, but still, one step at a time. I think the person used it every month at the store and paid it in full every month. 
Message 3 of 26
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Do they pull hard inq again if we ask for the update from store card to visa card? If they were to pull CR again, I would rather not ask them for the upgrade.
Message 4 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi. I started out at 500 last June now up to 9K with Visa.  Six months after I got the card I called for an increase. They increased my limit to 6K and upgraded to Visa.  Four months after that increased to 9K. Your card will grow with you.

Message 5 of 26
afijunkie
Contributor

Actually I am curious about this to. I got store card with a 1k limit, ive spent over 3k in 4 months, i wonder when i could ask for a conversion or at least a CLI
Message 6 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@afijunkie wrote:
Actually I am curious about this to. I got store card with a 1k limit, ive spent over 3k in 4 months, i wonder when i could ask for a conversion or at least a CLI

You are spending 3K at Nordstrom's in a 4 month period?  Dang.  Buy ME a shirt. 

Message 7 of 26
manyquestions
Established Contributor

@afijunkie wrote:

I'd be on the phone to them now. Smiley Wink  Tell them you love their store, the card and the rewards, and have spent over 3k in 4 months and you think the Visa card would suit your needs better.  "Would it be possible to upgrade my card to the Visa with a higher limit?"  Just ask them for what you want, if they say that is not possible at this time, ask them for when it would be possible. The worst that can happen is they say "not at this time, call back in a couple months".  Good luck.
Message 8 of 26
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

you could ask them, I think sometimes they do pull credit again and sometimes they don't.

I can only remember getting my credit pulled once when I was trying to purchase above my CL and they gave me cli while I was shopping in store.

I started with 3k store card, removed the joint account and kept it soley on my own, increased to 5k with visa, then up to 6k and then up to 8k. all with tier 1 apr.

Keep in mind this was back when all I did was shop at Nordstrom and almost never paid the card off, I had it maxed plus some and took cash advances on it monthly (nordstrom does not charge anything to take cash advances or charge higher apr!) The only thing I would say I did right with the account is pay it every month, and they still gave me cli and treated me great!

Message 9 of 26
Scuba
Frequent Contributor

HI

I plan on applying the day after Thanksgiving.  Do you know what CB they pull from? 

Thanks

Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.