Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Normal for CSP?

tag
SSA_2013
Frequent Contributor

Normal for CSP?

Well, on the 31st I applied and was approved for a CSP. I called to have it expedited and last week on the 4th (Tuesday) I received it. Now...I received a duplicate CSP card in the mail along with the usual agreements, etc. My question: Is it normal for them to send you a 2nd card?
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Normal for CSP?

@SSA_2013 wrote:
Well, on the 31st I applied and was approved for a CSP. I called to have it expedited and last week on the 4th (Tuesday) I received it. Now...I received a duplicate CSP card in the mail along with the usual agreements, etc. My question: Is it normal for them to send you a 2nd card?

Nope but it happened to me once with CAP1 just a processing error

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 12
SSA_2013
Frequent Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@SSA_2013 wrote:

In many ways I'm glad it happened! I was worried that it would get scratched quickly. I guess I have a spare/replacement Smiley Very Happy 

Message 3 of 12
myjourney
Super Contributor

@SSA_2013 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@SSA_2013 wrote:

In many ways I'm glad it happened! I was worried that it would get scratched quickly. I guess I now have a spare replacement Smiley Very Happy 

That's the first thing i said too ...I put it back in the envelope and put it up for safe keepingSmiley LOL

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 12
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

@SSA_2013 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@SSA_2013 wrote:

In many ways I'm glad it happened! I was worried that it would get scratched quickly. I guess I have a spare/replacement Smiley Very Happy 

Smiley Very Happy

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 5 of 12
UpNComing
Established Contributor

@SSA_2013 wrote:

When I apped for my CSP I called the number on the back of my United card, which is usually a higher level CSR and asked them to expedite it.  He actually told me "The plastic has been ordered but not shipped yet.  I will expedite a new card that will be there within one to two business days.  You will also receive the original two (mine and my AU) in the mail at the regular time."

So this seems to be the norm.

CSP ($5k); Chase MileagePlus Explorer Visa Sig. ($6k); Chase Freedom Visa Sig. ($6k); BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa Sig. ($5k); Amex PRG (NPSL); Amex BCE ($1k); Citi Thank You ($5.4k); Barclay Apple ($4.2k) CapOne Cash ($2.5k) CapOne Platinum ($2.5k) Wells Fargo Home Project Visa ($10.3k) Discover IT ($1.5k) WalMart ($3k); Lowes ($3k); Amazon ($5k); Kohls($1.5k)

Scores: Equ Fico 715 ~ Exp 724 ~ TU Fico 682
Message 6 of 12
SSA_2013
Frequent Contributor

@UpNComing wrote:

@SSA_2013 wrote:

When I apped for my CSP I called the number on the back of my United card, which is usually a higher level CSR and asked them to expedite it.  He actually told me "The plastic has been ordered but not shipped yet.  I will expedite a new card that will be there within one to two business days.  You will also receive the original two (mine and my AU) in the mail at the regular time."

So this seems to be the norm.

I called them a few hours ago to make sure they were both received and he told me that they mailed out both on Monday. He said that usually the expedited card gets mailed first and that usually overrides the original card being sent in 5-7 days. However, he said that the regular was mailed first and the expedited order was mailed out soon after. So I guess the system doesn't always catch the original in time. Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 12
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@SSA_2013 wrote:

Sounds like an error on their part......but look on the bright side you have a fresh one when the other gets scratched up bad!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 8 of 12
GeneralCucumbre
Regular Contributor

This is actually normal.  This happened to me when I opened a United MileagePlus Explorer card a while back.  When I was approved for the card, I called about a day later asking to expedite the card.  The card was rushed out overnight so I received it the next day.  However, about a week later, I received another card with the terms, booklet, etc.  This was the actual "first" credit card.  When you call to have a card that you applied for expedited, what Chase is actually doing is sending you a "replacement card" even though it is not actually a replacement.  I assume that this is done because once a card application is approved, all the information is sent to card manufacturing and I imagine that it is a process that they cannot alter or stop to change the delivery date of the original card.  Think about it, Chase probably processes hundreds of card applications daily and it would be too hectic and costly to try and stop one particular card in manufacturing and change its delivery date.  Chase probably has multiple card manufacturing centers and it probably is just cheaper for them to call up another card manufacturing center, order the replacement card and rush it out.  Just my opinion...

AMEX Green Corporate - NPSL | AMEX Everyday - $60,000
Chase Freedom Unlimited Visa Signature - $49,500 | Chase Freedom Visa Signature - $27,300 | USAA Platinum Visa - $26,000
Message 9 of 12
unc0mm0n1
Established Contributor

Stupid question but does it cost more to expediate?

Last App March 23, 2015. Gardening until November 25, 2015
Current Score: 766 EX 734 EQ 780 TU 6/30/2015Starting Score/Goal Score: 580s/780s across the board
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.