Frequent Contributor
SSA_2013

Normal for CSP?

Well, on the 31st I applied and was approved for a CSP. I called to have it expedited and last week on the 4th (Tuesday) I received it. Now...I received a duplicate CSP card in the mail along with the usual agreements, etc. My question: Is it normal for them to send you a 2nd card?
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney

Re: Normal for CSP?

SSA_2013 wrote:
Well, on the 31st I applied and was approved for a CSP. I called to have it expedited and last week on the 4th (Tuesday) I received it. Now...I received a duplicate CSP card in the mail along with the usual agreements, etc. My question: Is it normal for them to send you a 2nd card?

Nope but it happened to me once with CAP1 just a processing error

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Cap1 EO link below
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Capital+One+CEO+email+address+#seen
Last 5 apps 6/6/13
Frequent Contributor
SSA_2013

[ Edited ]

myjourney wrote:

SSA_2013 wrote:

In many ways I'm glad it happened! I was worried that it would get scratched quickly. I guess I have a spare/replacement :smileyvery-happy: 

Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney

SSA_2013 wrote:

myjourney wrote:

SSA_2013 wrote:

In many ways I'm glad it happened! I was worried that it would get scratched quickly. I guess I now have a spare replacement :smileyvery-happy: 

That's the first thing i said too ...I put it back in the envelope and put it up for safe keeping:smileylol:

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Cap1 EO link below
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Capital+One+CEO+email+address+#seen
Last 5 apps 6/6/13
Valued Contributor
armbenderc

SSA_2013 wrote:

myjourney wrote:

SSA_2013 wrote:

In many ways I'm glad it happened! I was worried that it would get scratched quickly. I guess I have a spare/replacement :smileyvery-happy: 

:smileyvery-happy:

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Established Contributor
UpNComing

SSA_2013 wrote:

When I apped for my CSP I called the number on the back of my United card, which is usually a higher level CSR and asked them to expedite it.  He actually told me "The plastic has been ordered but not shipped yet.  I will expedite a new card that will be there within one to two business days.  You will also receive the original two (mine and my AU) in the mail at the regular time."

So this seems to be the norm.

CSP ($5k); Chase MileagePlus Explorer Visa Sig. ($6k); Chase Freedom Visa Sig. ($6k); BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa Sig. ($5k); Amex PRG (NPSL); Amex BCE ($1k); Citi Thank You ($5.4k); Barclay Apple ($4.2k) CapOne Cash ($2.5k) CapOne Platinum ($2.5k) Wells Fargo Home Project Visa ($10.3k) Discover IT ($1.5k) WalMart ($3k); Lowes ($3k); Amazon ($5k); Kohls($1.5k)

Scores: Equ Fico 715 ~ Exp 724 ~ TU Fico 682
Frequent Contributor
SSA_2013

[ Edited ]

UpNComing wrote:

SSA_2013 wrote:

When I apped for my CSP I called the number on the back of my United card, which is usually a higher level CSR and asked them to expedite it.  He actually told me "The plastic has been ordered but not shipped yet.  I will expedite a new card that will be there within one to two business days.  You will also receive the original two (mine and my AU) in the mail at the regular time."

So this seems to be the norm.

I called them a few hours ago to make sure they were both received and he told me that they mailed out both on Monday. He said that usually the expedited card gets mailed first and that usually overrides the original card being sent in 5-7 days. However, he said that the regular was mailed first and the expedited order was mailed out soon after. So I guess the system doesn't always catch the original in time. :smileyhappy:

Mega Contributor
LS2982

SSA_2013 wrote:

Sounds like an error on their part......but look on the bright side you have a fresh one when the other gets scratched up bad!!!

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Regular Contributor
GeneralCucumbre

This is actually normal.  This happened to me when I opened a United MileagePlus Explorer card a while back.  When I was approved for the card, I called about a day later asking to expedite the card.  The card was rushed out overnight so I received it the next day.  However, about a week later, I received another card with the terms, booklet, etc.  This was the actual "first" credit card.  When you call to have a card that you applied for expedited, what Chase is actually doing is sending you a "replacement card" even though it is not actually a replacement.  I assume that this is done because once a card application is approved, all the information is sent to card manufacturing and I imagine that it is a process that they cannot alter or stop to change the delivery date of the original card.  Think about it, Chase probably processes hundreds of card applications daily and it would be too hectic and costly to try and stop one particular card in manufacturing and change its delivery date.  Chase probably has multiple card manufacturing centers and it probably is just cheaper for them to call up another card manufacturing center, order the replacement card and rush it out.  Just my opinion...

Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $22,000 | Chase Freedom Visa Signature - $11,300
Chase United MileagePlus Explorer Visa Signature - $10,000 | Chase Slate Visa - $15,000
Citi AT&T Universal MC - $13,600 | Best Buy (Citi) Card - $8,000
USAA Platinum MC - $16,000 | AMEX Everyday - $17,000
GM BuyPower World Elite MC (Capital One) - $7,500 | Amazon Store Card - $3,800
Frequent Contributor
unc0mm0n1

Stupid question but does it cost more to expediate?

Last App December 7, 2013. Gardening until May 20, 2014
Current Score: 720 EX 714 EQ 712 TU 12/10/2013Goal Score: 720 across the board

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+