Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Normal for a BOA call with no use?

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Normal for a BOA call with no use?

Ditto CC'S post. I got a call from a nice Boa rep after recieving my BBR card. Havent heard anything since but it was a nice gesture!
Message 11 of 15
DantGwyrdd
Frequent Contributor

Yeah I remember getting a call from BofA years ago soon after I got a card with them. I'd store it under some sort of follow up marketing -- they asked me if I know about the features of the card, why I applied for that particular card, etc.

Message 12 of 15
Dahlia77
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I want to say I have had the card for almost two months

And I have not touched it (zero use)

Got a call from them offering to explain the features/ how to use the card... umm ok

I said I did not have time for anything like that.

She said she would call back another day to go over the card and hung up

If I do not use the card will they close it and is it a good idea to use the card? (I have been using only my AMEX and Chase cards)

I got a call that's sounds alot like the same only mine was 3 weeks after receiving and activating.  Had not used the card yet either.  Basically sounds like the same exact convo.  Hadn't used the card yet as I was putting heavy usage that month on another card for travel miles.  You'll be fine as long as you put something on there, anything.  And no, they wouldn't close it so prematurely.  Takes a lot longer than that.

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

You just 'lucked out' they've got a gazillion accounts and a tiny % of ppl are gonna get CSR 'welcome' type calls...

To gauge understanding of 'who'' their clients are 

What they want...yada, yada, yada

Oh and yeah would you need ANYTHING else....companies (as they should) want clients to be deeper invested in the relationship,

if they can and getting a 2nd or 3rd product in a customer's hand turns him/her into a CLIENT vs just a card holder per se.....

Small banks/CU's b/c of their size obviously have a better shot at getting this done....good for BoA,  for at least going thru the motions...

Message 14 of 15
RonM21
Valued Contributor

I've also had that happen with newer cards. As others said, it can be courtesy or to get you to use it. No big deal, unless you never use it.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.