Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Normal initial credit lines on Chase Hyatt

tag
red259
Super Contributor

Normal initial credit lines on Chase Hyatt

So as I mentioned in another post I had to call in to Chase for verification for my hyatt card. I may have misheard, but I'm pretty sure the CSR told me my initial credit line was 21.7k. Does this sound realistic with a hyatt card? I was a bit dumbfounded and I just wanted the card, so I acted like it was no big deal and got off the phone as quickly as possible. My highest credit line is 17.1k with amex. My highest credit line with Chase is 12k on a CSP, although originally the CSP a year ago was an instant approval of 17k before I had to move 5k over to open a business card. My other credit card approvals were all around 7.5k-10k, so I am a bit nervous that all this credit will end up causing me an issue that I did not want. I seem to recall other people getting chase hotel cards with much higher limits than the straight bank cards. Thoughts?

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Normal initial credit lines on Chase Hyatt

@red259 wrote:

So as I mentioned in another post I had to call in to Chase for verification for my hyatt card. I may have misheard, but I'm pretty sure the CSR told me my initial credit line was 21.7k. Does this sound realistic with a hyatt card? I was a bit dumbfounded and I just wanted the card, so I acted like it was no big deal and got off the phone as quickly as possible. My highest credit line is 17.1k with amex. My highest credit line with Chase is 12k on a CSP, although originally the CSP a year ago was an instant approval of 17k before I had to move 5k over to open a business card. My other credit card approvals were all around 7.5k-10k, so I am a bit nervous that all this credit will end up causing me an issue that I did not want. I seem to recall other people getting chase hotel cards with much higher limits than the straight bank cards. Thoughts?

You must be doing something right..  I have 6 chase cards with a whopping $94,000 in combined credit and I am not rich.  I have called in favors and they honor it within 10 minutes of being asked via phone.  Keep doing what you are doing and don't pissed them off.  You will be very very happy.

And ohh.. never ever call chase and tell them it is too much credit and will like a lower amount. They will note your account and in the future will only give you up to 5k no matter how much you plead your case.  Happen to someone I know and he now hates chase.

Message 2 of 6
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Awesome limit and from your story of other approvals with chase right in line... Seems like each additional chase card they get a bit more generous from the trends I see on this forum.. My first one was 4k then CSP for 7.5k hoping when I got for the Ritz mid year it will be around 12-15k, thinking it should be..  Granted my scores probably are holding me back more then my income..  Chase historically gives bigger lines each time you get a new card with them.. grats again.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Awesome limit and from your story of other approvals with chase right in line... Seems like each additional chase card they get a bit more generous from the trends I see on this forum.. My first one was 4k then CSP for 7.5k hoping when I got for the Ritz mid year it will be around 12-15k, thinking it should be..  Granted my scores probably are holding me back more then my income..  Chase historically gives bigger lines each time you get a new card with them.. grats again.

+1.  Thats right.  CC, get your scores up, show some history with chase and you will be all in...

Message 4 of 6
sillykitty1
Established Contributor

They tend to be more generous with co-branded cards .... so it makes sense to me

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sillykitty1 wrote:

They tend to be more generous with co-branded cards .... so it makes sense to me

Yes they do.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.