Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Another 5/24 Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not Another 5/24 Question

Hello everyone, 

Chase has got me a little confused. I currently have a CSP and Freedom, and for me the CSR (even with a smaller sign-up bonus) makes a ton of sense. That said, I am at 5/24 until next July, and I'm not so sure the 100k will still be on the table at that time. 

When I try the online prequalify, as expected (and as it has been since I got the CSP, putting me at 5/24), I get no offers. However, since my INQs started dropping, when I log in to the portal and click "offers for you", I have had a "pre-selected based on your relationship with Chase" offer for the Slate @ 13.24%, and just now today the Freedom Unlimited was added @ 14.24%. 

This seems to me as if they would be willing to give me a Chase-branded card despite my new-ish accounts, and is tempting me to put in an application. Has anyone heard of someone being "account pre-approved" being accepted at over 5/24? 

I suppose I see my options as:

1) Hope the CSR bonus is still available in July, and forfeit the ability to use some upcoming travel spend to meet the bonus

2) Wait and see if the CSR appears in the "Offers for You" section, and if so apply

3) Risk burning an INQ on a currently impossible application, but with the upside of easier spend hit and saving the CSP annual fee (hits in Feb)

Any thoughts or data points would be greatly appreciated. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Re: Not Another 5/24 Question

It seems like Chase is moving towards the AMEX line of thinking when it comes to opt-out approvals.  Once you have an account they show up when you're signed in.  There's another thread where we were discussing this "offers" option that is a pre-approval and a few people went ahead and applied through this option and were approved. I don't recall anyone seeing the CSR showing up in there but, it's safe to say that if it did you would likely be approved.  For the CSR they've been reporting going into a branch and getting a pre-approval there and being approved when apping.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

The CSR is not going to show up for you under offers.  As of right now no one is receiving preapproval for the CSR online.  @hether that will change any time in the future is unkown.  If you are at 5/24 your only option right now is go to a branch and see if there is a preapproval for the CSR there.  Otherwise if you apply online and are at or over 5/24, you'll be denied unless all of your accounts dont or arent reporting

Message 3 of 5
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello everyone, 

Chase has got me a little confused. I currently have a CSP and Freedom, and for me the CSR (even with a smaller sign-up bonus) makes a ton of sense. That said, I am at 5/24 until next July, and I'm not so sure the 100k will still be on the table at that time. 

@When I try the online prequalify, as expected (and as it has been since I got the CSP, putting me at 5/24), I get no offers. However, since my INQs started dropping, when I log in to the portal and click "offers for you", I have had a "pre-selected based on your relationship with Chase" offer for the Slate @ 13.24%, and just now today the Freedom Unlimited was added @ 14.24%. 

This seems to me as if they would be willing to give me a Chase-branded card despite my new-ish accounts, and is tempting me to put in an application. Has anyone heard of someone being "account pre-approved" being accepted at over 5/24? 

I suppose I see my options as:

1) Hope the CSR bonus is still available in July, and forfeit the ability to use some upcoming travel spend to meet the bonus

2) Wait and see if the CSR appears in the "Offers for You" section, and if so apply

3) Risk burning an INQ on a currently impossible application, but with the upside of easier spend hit and saving the CSP annual fee (hits in Feb)

Any thoughts or data points would be greatly appreciated. 

Hi, my data point is that after my 6th fu statement was posted a csr offer magically appeared in a branch and I took it.  I did not get a large sl because of a  new car loan, a month travel hammered my util, short history, thin file, ca, pr’s – take your pick ha-ha so I am sure you will yield a better sl.   You are right about the 100K, I was concerned that it would dry out + I wanted to garden and age for year which is why I pulled the pin vs waiting like I should have but I am not sorry, it’s a great card for the right individual

Message 4 of 5
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

I think they are going tighten the approval of CSR. Just my thinking. Get it before there is any change.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.