Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Feeling Citi AT ALL!

tag
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: Not Feeling Citi AT ALL!

@Anonymous wrote:

The last time I checked, 2% was more than 1.5%. Something to consider on a PC to Double Cash.

Lol very true. However,it's not a big enough difference for me. Smiley Wink

Message 11 of 91
mikelo22
Established Contributor

You said it yourself, you've only been with Citi for 9 months, whereas the other Lenders I'm sure you have deeper history with. Naturally, as you gain more history with a Lender, they will be more comfortable with giving higher limits.

It doesn't help that your only Citi card is the DP. I know people bash it, but it's actually a good card for what it's made for: long-term 0% APR on purchases/balance transfers for 21 months. Pretty hard to beat 21 months of 0%.

That said, because it's a balance transfer card, it's probably not wired to give CLI's like traditional Citi rewards cards. I'd recommend trying to PC it to something more useful. 2% on the DC is still better than 1.5%. Build up history with Citi and see where it goes from there. As for myself, I'm quite satisfied with how Citi has treated me.

Message 12 of 91
baller4life
Super Contributor

Thanks mike. That's what I'm trying to figure out. Is it worth continuing to build a relationship with Citi? None of my other lenders have been as stingy. They have all shown me lots of luv out the gate or at least within 6 months. Citi just seems to be a different animal.
Message 13 of 91
Anonymous
Not applicable

@baller4life wrote:
Thanks mike. That's what I'm trying to figure out. Is it worth continuing to build a relationship with Citi? None of my other lenders have been as stingy. They have all shown me lots of luv out the gate or at least within 6 months. Citi just seems to be a different animal.

Citi has an AA card right now that you might test the waters with to see if they like you after all. 75K AA Miles. Smiley Wink

Message 14 of 91
Anonymous
Not applicable

And a $450 AF. Blah on those miles Smiley Tongue baller Citi isnt on my lender diversity priority list...a couple experiences with customer service turned me off from them. But if you value the relationship stick it out, if not adios!
Message 15 of 91
baller4life
Super Contributor

Haha nope I don't feel any loyalty to Citi. Was just wanting to make sure there wasn't anything special about them I'd be missing if I kicked them to the curb.
Message 16 of 91
Anonymous
Not applicable

@baller4life wrote:
Haha nope I don't feel any loyalty to Citi. Was just wanting to make sure there wasn't anything special about them I'd be missing if I kicked them to the curb.

I like Citi :-)

Message 17 of 91
baller4life
Super Contributor

And Citi likes you too Irish! Me not so much. Smiley Sad
Message 18 of 91
Anonymous
Not applicable

@baller4life wrote:
And Citi likes you too Irish! Me not so much. Smiley Sad

Yes they do.  I guess I'll find out how much when I apply for the 75K miles.  These creditors are strange at times as it makes no sense that they aren't very friendly to you.  

Message 19 of 91
baller4life
Super Contributor

Maybe I would get luv if I pc to something else. Maybe it's the card like was already mentioned. Hmmmmm
Message 20 of 91
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.