Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Feeling Citi AT ALL!

tag
revjamesl
Valued Contributor

Re: Not Feeling Citi AT ALL!

@baller4life wrote:
Yeah it's Penfed I spoke of. I'm definitely in some kind of bucket with Citi. I feel like a redheaded stepchild. They are the bad apple in my profile that I just want to get rid of. They don't even have anything in their lineup I want anymore. Smiley Frustrated

I take offense to this considering I am a redheaded stepchild! Smiley Wink

AMEX Platinum NPSL | Discover It $45.9k | Chase Sapphire Reserved $40.7k |Barclay Arrival+ WEMC $40k | PENFED Platinum Rewards VS $35k | Lowes $35k | BoA Better Balance Rewards $30k | AMEX EDP $25k | Cap 1 QS $23.25k | NASA Platinum $20k | Chase Freedom $15k | Synchrony Haverty's $16.5k | BBVA NBA Rockets AMEX $15k | FNBO AMEX $15k | Citi Diamond Preferred $10.7k | Best Buy $10k | Synchrony Rooms-to-Go $10k | US Bank Cash+ $7.5k | AMEX BCE $6k | Barclay Financing Visa 1k | |

AU on DW Accounts: Discover It $40k I AMEX BCE $30k | Chase Marriot $29.8k |

Credit Scores: 800 EQ/833 TU/831 EX
Message 21 of 91
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Citi appears to either like a person or not..  They are probably the toughest big lender to get in with next to US Bank..  Only way I got into US Bank is a long term banking relationship and it was auto approved due to that, but not a good card not a good CL, but figured I wanted to start a relationship with them, but expect it to be a card it will take awhile to get to 5k+ with... It is what is.  Citi is the same way they are way tight..  Any baddies on your report and citi pretty much won't let you in unless you are invited, kinda like US Bank..  Every other big lender are more lenient on old baddies, but not Citi Bank.. Just wonder if they have always been this way or they took a beating on sub-prime people awhile ago that made them this way.  Their cards use to kinda be blah, but now they have many nice cards that alot of us want, but can't get due to old baddies.  Just hoping one day for a inviatation for one of their cards, until then no way in heck I would apply even though scores are all around 700 now.

Message 22 of 91
baller4life
Super Contributor

Yeah that's how I got in CC. Received a preapproval. They are something else for sure.

LOL sorry revjames. Just a figure of speech! Smiley Happy
Message 23 of 91
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@baller4life wrote:
I have a 9 month old Citi Diamond Preferred with a $1k limit that sticks out in my portfolio like a sore thumb. Each time I have requested a cli, they have denied me. Are you kidding me? I agree with wacdenny. What makes them think they are so freakin special?. I have over $200k in credit with 95% of my cards being $10k+. I don't have any desire to hang on to Citi. Can anyone think of a reason why I should keep them?

I have this general gut feeling that it's never good to close a credit card; the bank will somehow get even with you in the end.

Therefore I would just stay with it until they give you a better credit limit some day.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 24 of 91
Anonymous
Not applicable

@revjamesl wrote:

@baller4life wrote:
Yeah it's Penfed I spoke of. I'm definitely in some kind of bucket with Citi. I feel like a redheaded stepchild. They are the bad apple in my profile that I just want to get rid of. They don't even have anything in their lineup I want anymore. Smiley Frustrated

Hahahaha... Thanks for the laugh.  Pics pleaseSmiley Tongue.... imagining it is failing me lol.. You people are funny.

EDIT: Found it...

The_b9416f_655824.jpg

Message 25 of 91
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@revjamesl wrote:

@baller4life wrote:

Hahahaha... Thanks for the laugh.  Pics pleaseSmiley Tongue.... imagining it is failing me lol.. You people are funny.

EDIT: Found it...

The_b9416f_655824.jpg

MV5BMjA3MTIwMjY1Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMjkyNzk0._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

Message 26 of 91
baller4life
Super Contributor

Lmao!!!!
Message 27 of 91
JustBPatient
Established Contributor

I had the Diamond card for about 1.5 years and the CL never moved from the 1k, so one month I ran it up twice to about 900 and paid it off before the cut.  The following month, they kicked me up to 3.5k at which time I immediately PC'd to DC.

Amex Gold =Amex ED 20k = Amex BCP 14k = Amex SPG Lux 2k = Arrival 2k = Ring 14k = BOA 321 30k = BOA BBR 10k = CSR 25k = Freedom 10k = Citi Simplicity 9k = Citi DC 5k = Citi DP 3k = DCVR IT 16k = DCVR IT(2) 10k = CAP1 QS 15k = NFCU CR24k/AE25k/CLOC 15k = BBVA 14k = Wells Plat. 5k = (2) US Bank Cash+ 13k, 18k = PenFed 17k

FICO scores TU 764 EX 739 EQ 745
Message 28 of 91
baller4life
Super Contributor

@JustBPatient wrote:

I had the Diamond card for about 1.5 years and the CL never moved from the 1k, so one month I ran it up twice to about 900 and paid it off before the cut.  The following month, they kicked me up to 3.5k at which time I immediately PC'd to DC.

Hmmm thanks for the input.

Message 29 of 91
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

As we spoke about via PM a few months ago Baller hold out on it for the year at least then PC it to the DC and see if it will grow after that...  1k CL's suck I know I have two of them and they stick out like soar thumbs..  Hopefully it will grow and even if not 2%>1.5% just PIF..  It will grow with time and as you build a relationship with citi and the remaining of your baddies fall off and can apply for other citi cards and move the CL's around of course by HP Smiley Sad.

Message 30 of 91
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.