Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Going to Consolidate CapOne YET

tag
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

Re: Not Going to Consolidate CapOne YET

@Anonymous wrote:
Her EQ04 is 635? Only a short way to go for a Venture approval then.

not sure if CapOne wll consider her for a venture card, considering her only card that she is responsible for is a 1 month old CapOne QS card with a $500 limit and 2 AU cards...  

Probably not wise to put all her eggs in one basket, pushing her towards a GE/Syncrony Walmart card and one more store card.. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Doing some reading it appears that Venture approvals are dipping down into the 640s for EQ04.
Message 12 of 14
ddemari
Super Contributor

All i know is that I cant wait to pay off my balance transfers on 4 capitalone cards of mine and move the 4 limits over to quicksilver visa for a 30k limit and the ability to apply for a venture and hope they will be generous with limits a few months down the road still. 

Message 13 of 14
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@jamesdwi wrote:

I currently have 2x CapOne cards that are elgible for consolidation,  

#1 QS  CL 2500  Balance $0  APR 11.9% 6 years  3 months 
#2  QS CL 750    Balance $0  APR 17.9% 4 years  2 months. 

I have decided to work on the $750 CL card to get a CLI first, since the reason they claim I am unworthy of a CLI is too small of monthly payment on the card, I started last month funneling all my insurance, cellphone and cablebill on the card and then PIF hopefully in a month or two they will give me a CLI to something above the 2k line which makes the combining of the two cards useful If not, 

I also have a 2 month old Venture card with a 15k CL, in 4 months I may move some of it my 2500 CL which will make the card much more useful. 

Just some thoughts on why it may be wise to grow CLI's before your combine, your $500 in transactions on a small limit card will make a CLI much more impact on a 750 CL card than on a $3250 card. 

I'm in the same boat - I'm not combining until I get my CLI's on my $750 and $2000. Hoping to get a $5k card after CLI's and combining Smiley Happy 

Looks like the option is gone for now.I logged into Capital One but don't see the option to combine cards. When I go to "change my features" nothing is available for my account. 

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.