Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not PIF but not minimum?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Not PIF but not minimum?

What is everyone's opinion on how many times the minimum is acceptable? On some cards I have been paying between 12 times and 20 times the minimum or just PIF due to freuqnt use, but on a few cards I'd like to scale back a bit. Is 3x the minimum the right number?

Message 11 of 47
icyhot
Valued Contributor

I don't even think she knows that's possible to do
Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 12 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

@icyhot wrote:
I don't even think she knows that's possible to do
You are taking a chance because you are responsible if she does. And, it's listed all over the internet that AU can do that so she could certainly read it.

Message 13 of 47
icyhot
Valued Contributor

So CC companies can give you the full number over the phone?
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K

Message 14 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

You have to allow for the possibility that if she got into a serious financial emergency, she might take whatever means she can to fix it, not that she doesn't mean well but her financial view is very different from yours and could cause a problem.

Message 15 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

@icyhot wrote:
So CC companies can give you the full number over the phone?

If she identifies herself and they can confirm she is an AU< they can give her any  information about the account.

Message 16 of 47
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Its my understanding an AU cannot do anything online and cannot request cards or make changes to the account by phone. This however one should verify with the lender.

Message 17 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

Changes canot be made to the account by AU; however AU can call the credit card company and obtain the account number information which can be used to make charges.

Saw it happen with my elderly neighbor when she was out of town. Her son got into a car accident and was AU. Called the credit card company and got the full information and charged $780 to fix his car.

His mom was upset whens he came back to town and said next time, just ask me instead of calling the credit card company. He paid her back but this is why I know it can be done, without the consent of the account holder.

Message 18 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think the user here is broke triathelete (or something similar). Not that his was with an AU, but it is about what a despartate family member might do. 

Message 19 of 47
icyhot
Valued Contributor

I don't think a CC company can give a whole account number over the phone, much less the exp date or CVV

Message 20 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.