Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not So Happy With Sam's Discover

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not So Happy With Sam's Discover

I got a notice in the mail that my new interest rate will be 22% It was already high at 19%. When i called I was told this is the new prime rate. This card will now be getting very little use.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
wollepopolle
Established Contributor

Re: Not So Happy With Sam's Discover

Just don't carry balances on this card. Discover is more of a rewards card anyway. They don't offer great APRs. 22% is ridiculous, though.

We use my regular Discover More at Sam's. At least, we get 0.25% of cashback on our purchases as opposed to nothing when you use their CC.

Does the Sam's Discover also offer the traditional 5% casback categories of the regular Discover? If not, then there is not much use in this card, is there?

Message 2 of 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Wow, that's terrible... Mine is like 9.24%!

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

How long have you had your card?

Message 4 of 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

How long have you had your card?

After I typed this I realized... not sure if it makes a difference but mine is a business one... I guess about 2 years, the account is closed but with the interest rate being a lot better than a number of my cards, I pay very little on it... but funny it is still going down the fastest! 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.