tag
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

Re: Not able to apply online AMEX

@nicholasyud wrote:

@distantarray wrote:

@nicholasyud wrote:

@distantarray wrote:

remember if you have an Amex you don't want to apply til January cause of backdating.    Member since YEAR + application of new credit MONTH is how they figure things out, you'll have 10 months of extra history if you apply in January.

More details please ?????

Don't understand what you need more details on, but I guess I"ll spell it out better.

Amex backdates once you have an account with them. They save the Member Since date (ONLY THE YEAR)

So if you got a Card in December 2012. you would have 1 month history with Amex in January 2013 right. 

Backdating on Amex works by taking the current month of the application  (January 2013)   and adding the month to the member since YEAR.

So  Application month + Member since YEAR. So if your hungry to have aged accounts you'll have the account backdated to January 2012 so even though you JUST got a brand new 2nd Amex in January you'll have a whole year's history.   Ithere's no age benefits if you got the first  and second cards in the same year.

Got it...Thanks......So if i apps for 1 card now and later on in jan 2013 i apps for another cards...then my account history going to be 15 months which Oct + 2012 = 15 right ????

no if you get a card now that card will be brand new. 

so in jan it will be 3 months old. 

but if you apply for a second card in jan it will backdate to jan of 12 so that card will be 12 months old instead of 1. the original card is still only 3 months old at that point. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 11 of 16
distantarray
Established Contributor

@nicholasyud wrote:

Got it...Thanks......So if i apps for 1 card now and later on in jan 2013 i apps for another cards...then my account history going to be 15 months which Oct + 2012 = 15 right ????

two cards total. 

First card = 3 months in January

Second Card = 12 months in January if applied and approved then.

First card = Member Since 2012 

Second Card = January 2013

so 2012 + January = January 2012 is 12 years in January.

The first card will only have 3 months. 

So

First card will report 3 months +

Second card will report 12 months = 15 total months of reporting

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 12 of 16
JustJen
Regular Contributor

I have a zync NPSL, had it since I guess 12/11. I was logged in when I selected the card I wanted to apply for, once I hit apply it went to a screen to either login or input your card info. I tried logging in again and got the error message, and then I tried using my card info and it said it didn't recognize my info. Do you think they have some of my personal info wrong in their system? I don't know why it didn't recognize my info with the card info I put in. I tried entering it a few times to make sure it just wasn't simply human error.

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JustJen wrote:

I have a zync NPSL, had it since I guess 12/11. I was logged in when I selected the card I wanted to apply for, once I hit apply it went to a screen to either login or input your card info. I tried logging in again and got the error message, and then I tried using my card info and it said it didn't recognize my info. Do you think they have some of my personal info wrong in their system? I don't know why it didn't recognize my info with the card info I put in. I tried entering it a few times to make sure it just wasn't simply human error.

Hmmm that happened when my wife tried to app for Amex using the info from one of the cards she is an AU on of mine. Im not saying your card is an AU but that was the same error she got. If you still have no luck I would just give them a call and app over the phone - see if they can process it. Did you try a different internet browser? I can only app using Safari for some odd reason.

Message 14 of 16
JustJen
Regular Contributor

I'm the primary cardholder, and there are no authorized users on my account. I will try using a different Internet browser and see if that works.....and I guess if all else fails I can always call in. 

Message 15 of 16
Shiu
Valued Member

I have the same problem and I have tried 3 different browsers. After I select which card I want to apply for they ask to either log in or input my card number but neither of them get passed the loading screen. Might be just a glitch on the Amex website.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.