Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not feeling very "Elite" right now

tag
Matt6995
Regular Contributor

Re: Not feeling very "Elite" right now

Just remember that when you have been optimizing your statements to reflect a 9% utilization to mazimize your score for whatever reason, make sure you dont rely on your creditor reporting the statement balance and nothing else.

Make sure you dont change any balances on any of your cards as they may decide it is time to report a random balance at a random time, and if you were hoping to apply for a home or car at the best rate, well then....if you were to commit a sin and actually use your card after the statement issued(which is SOP for most members at this site) your score will suffer and all your effort amounted to a waste of time.

I am surprised that more members were not concerned about creditors reporting the statement balance and then whatever balance they wanted at any time but then I figured I must be the only member who uses their cards and pays them and then uses them again after the statement issues and reports to the creditors.

Everyone have a beautiful evening.

Message 11 of 21
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

As stated by others, lenders have the option to report or not to report; but if they do it must be accurate. For me, I do not take it personally because it's not personal. If you were planning to shop for a mortgage loan, I would suggest not to use your cc because mortgage companies constantly pull you CRs

Again, I'm sorry that this upsets you
Message 12 of 21
Mrm-na
New Contributor

I agree with your irritation.  I don't have any GE cards, but if for some reason I ever end up with one, I'll remember to sockdrawer it for months when I care about reported utilization.

They can report whenever they like, but consistency would only be decent. Reporting at random introduces a large random variable to people's credit reports.

They should have appreciated why this was unexpected, why it was a problem and attempted to be helpful when you called.  They should know the things that trigger a bureau report, and helped figure out what it was.  Instead, they just played dumb.

Sounds like some attitude problems from that supervisor.  He's either completely ignorant of things he should know for his job, or he just decided to play dumb and lie to you to get you off the phone. I'm guessing the latter is more likely. Then they report again and report the account as "in dispute" - that sounds like it was a deliberate jerk move to mess with you.  Or somebody hitting buttons without a clue.  Either way, it's garbage.

Message 13 of 21
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

To be fair, you're asking the wrong people. You could ask if they have a credit bureau department, and they may transfer you. Regular customer service is not responsible for reporting accounts and most likely doesn't know anything beyond that they report once a month.

Message 14 of 21
Matt6995
Regular Contributor

The balance has been paid to ZERO and the card will no longer receive the $1500 average spend per month they used to get.

Figuring my Wifes $2.99 per month Photobucket charge will suffice.

Considering a 3K limit I didnt really think what I was doing was out of line.

You live and learn and take things you read with a grain or 1 million grains of salt.

Message 15 of 21
Matt6995
Regular Contributor

Credit reporting department is the department who reported the dispute based on the CSR entries. This was per the Supervisor.

Scary folks who just lost 10K+ per year on one card. I know they dont care but I feel better.
Message 16 of 21
mrmichaelscott
Established Member

Oh wow I'm sorry to hear that... Similar happened to me last year and i'm still kicking myself over it...  I asked them a bunch of questions they couldn't answer and then they opened a case and then it showed dispute... and then a few days later they CLD' me on all my GECRB cards... and then a few days later they closed all my cards!! i don't do any business with them anymore... but next time if you want to be all technical with them they don't know anything... just don't... bc they're the bank they can walk all over you anytime and they can do whatever they want... if it's not a big deal then it is a big deal now.....

Message 17 of 21
navyox
Regular Contributor

I can't say that I really get your gripe, but I do commend you for voting with your feet.   Take your business elsewhere.

This thread did get me thinking, when/if will we get the point of real-time reporting?

Starting Score: 676 CK 5/13. Current: 717 EX 6/15 -- Last App: 6/2014
Message 18 of 21
crunching_numbers
Valued Contributor

Discover has done this to me twice. It is not only GE cards.

Starting Score: 693 TU FICO, 679 EQ FICO
Current Score: FICO 8 = 844(9/15) EQ, 827 TU, 811 EX (7/15); mortgage FICO= 758 (9/15)EQ5, 797 TU4, 748 EX2 (7/15)
Goal Score: 750+, but shooting for the 800's
Hyatt Visa Sig ($23K), Amex BCP (24.8K), BofA Travel Rew Sig (22.5K), B&N World MC (22.3K), Amex RP Gold (NPSL w/ S&T), Cash+ Sig (20K),United Mil+ExpSig (16.3K), FNBO Visa (13.1K), Hilton Surpass (10K), Freedom Visa Sig (8.6K), Disc It (16.4K), Citi Dia Pref MC (3.7K),Sam's MC (10K), Wally (7.5K), JCP(5.3K), Costco (2K)
Message 19 of 21
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@navyox wrote:

I can't say that I really get your gripe, but I do commend you for voting with your feet.   Take your business elsewhere.

This thread did get me thinking, when/if will we get the point of real-time reporting?

It would be horribly expensive if a lender submitted information to the bureaus everyday. I doubt it would ever get to that point.

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.