Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not impressed with Amex customer service

tag
patsfan1453
Regular Contributor

Not impressed with Amex customer service

I was recently approved for the amex blue and green in the past two weeks. After I was approved for the green I called to see if I could get it expedited, I was told that the expedite has to be requested before approval...what? So then I ask about possibly pcing my blue to a BCE, was told I couldn't and would have to reapply. I then use the secure message center and they tell me I can get the green expedited and to call another number, I do and they say the same thing as before. What gives? I know all of these things are possible. Sent from phone...sorry for errors.
Amex Everyday 6k || Chase Sapphire 5k || Buypower Card 5k || USAA Wounded Warrior Mastercard 4k || Citi TYP 4.9k|| Citi Forward 5.5k || Discover It 2k || Chase Freedom 5.5k || Walmart 1k || Chase Amazon 1k
Business: Chase ink cash 5k || AMEX Simply Cash 3.8k
Total CLs: 48.7k
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

Re: Not impressed with Amex customer service

@patsfan1453 wrote:
I was recently approved for the amex blue and green in the past two weeks. After I was approved for the green I called to see if I could get it expedited, I was told that the expedite has to be requested before approval...what? So then I ask about possibly pcing my blue to a BCE, was told I couldn't and would have to reapply. I then use the secure message center and they tell me I can get the green expedited and to call another number, I do and they say the same thing as before. What gives? I know all of these things are possible. Sent from phone...sorry for errors.

For security reasons they won't expedite it if it's your first card(s) with them. Also asking to PC that soon reeks of bait & switch, in that you applied for one thing but immediately ask for something else.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 2 of 5
patsfan1453
Regular Contributor

I already had the Blue with them, and as of today used the secure message center and got switched over immediately. 

Amex Everyday 6k || Chase Sapphire 5k || Buypower Card 5k || USAA Wounded Warrior Mastercard 4k || Citi TYP 4.9k|| Citi Forward 5.5k || Discover It 2k || Chase Freedom 5.5k || Walmart 1k || Chase Amazon 1k
Business: Chase ink cash 5k || AMEX Simply Cash 3.8k
Total CLs: 48.7k
Message 3 of 5
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Lol lies. Got mine expedited
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 4 of 5
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Lol lies. Got mine expedited, and it was my first
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.