Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not meeting bonus spend on Amex

tag
Luscher
Valued Contributor

Re: Not meeting bonus spend on Amex

visa giftcard?
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 21 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

Not sure, but I think the transactions have to post, not just be made, so if you are not up to buying $400 in gift cards, find something soon!

you're making me sweat like this is final jeopardy

Message 22 of 58
mikelo22
Established Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

Not sure, but I think the transactions have to post, not just be made, so if you are not up to buying $400 in gift cards, find something soon!

This. I've heard stories of people getting ripped off because of this. I don't think it involved Amex though so I'm not sure how they work. But I'd do something sooner than later.

Message 23 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

grr i think i have to let this go. my third statement actually cuts on the 23rd. i still have pending charges from last week. If that whole it has to post thing is true, there is just no way

Message 24 of 58
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

grr i think i have to let this go. my third statement actually cuts on the 23rd. i still have pending charges from last week. If that whole it has to post thing is true, there is just no way

Check with Amex.   If the 10K points aren't worthwhile, then perhaps this is the wrong card for you!

Message 25 of 58
joeyoey
Frequent Contributor

Early Christmas shopping!

Starting Score (02/01/2014): EQ 548 EX 548 TU 564
Current/Most Recent FICO Score (4/01/2015): EQ 686 EX 668 TU 669
Nov 1, 2015 Goal: 700 Across all 3

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

test

Message 26 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't think this is true at all. As long as you make the purchase within your time you should be more than golden. GO NOW! SPEND!

Message 27 of 58
4u

buy gift cards for future purchase.

Message 28 of 58
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Don't give up! Smiley Happy How about buying a supermarket gift card?

Message 29 of 58
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Wow, I'm low maintenance, but managed to spend over 700 before the first statement cut, if this was the CSP, then lots of gift cards in store (wink, wink). Go grocery shopping, and get some retail cards (amazon, Safeway, etc), and you're good. Already did the grocery shopping? Buy some pantry staples (spices, canned goods, toilet paper, you could even max out at Walmart including a purse, plus gift cards).

Must spend money now,
Signature needs updating
Message 30 of 58
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.