Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not sure if its worth waiting

tag
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Not sure if its worth waiting

Good job waiting, you got a nice bump especially on EQ!

What cards do you have now and what rewards are you looking for?  If you don't have many cards and none over $5k I would try either Discover pre-approval or CU.

Message 11 of 31
eagle2013
Established Contributor

Re: PFD's Finally Updated!

@dmmartinez wrote:

Thanks guys!

As luck would have it, my 3 PFD's updated Smiley Happy

Here are my new scores as of today:

Experian: 688 Equifax: 684 Transunion: 697

What credit card would you guys recommend?

I havent applied for credit in over 2 years. I'm not sure if I should go on a 'spree' to get more than one, or if I should just try for one and only take the 1 Hard Pull.

Advice?

I have no other credit cards except I am an authorized user on an Amex with 18k limit (but I dont use that card)

I would like this new card to be the one I use for daily expenses.

Congrats on the PFD! Wow that was fast!

The downside is I don't think you'll be successful at a spree without at least one year of prior credit card history. Definitley with Chase it is a no go. What other tradelines do you have (auto, student, etc.)? Perhaps other more experienced myfico-ers can chime in to help. 

Message 12 of 31
dmmartinez
Established Member

Thanks so much Smiley Happy its been years in the making- during my first years of college i dug myself in a hole. 

I currently have no open credit cards, except i am an authorized user on an Amex with an 18k CL on it that I dont use, it currenty carries a 1500$ balance, so my Credit Utilization is at about 5%.

I would like a card that I can use for my daily expenses.

Amex Blue Cash 3k - Chase CSP 10k - Chase Freedom 3k - Capital One Quicksilver 5k- Chase Slate 5k TU 630 EQ 660 ES 667
Message 13 of 31
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@dmmartinez wrote:

Thanks guys!

As luck would have it, my 3 PFD's updated Smiley Happy

Here are my new scores as of today:

Experian: 688 Equifax: 684 Transunion: 697

What credit card would you guys recommend?

I havent applied for credit in over 2 years. I'm not sure if I should go on a 'spree' to get more than one, or if I should just try for one and only take the 1 Hard Pull.

Advice?

I have no other credit cards except I am an authorized user on an Amex with 18k limit (but I dont use that card)

I would like this new card to be the one I use for daily expenses.

Congrats on your PFD update and your score Smiley Happy  Since your an AU on Amex, I would go for an AMEX Card to get the backdateSmiley Happy

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 14 of 31
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

I would check Discover and Amex websites for any pre-approvals.  You can also try creditcards.com and select card match.  Both are just soft pulls, but not a guarantee.  I don't recall off the top of my head who counts AU for applications, but I do not think Chase does.

Message 15 of 31
dmmartinez
Established Member

Thank you! I actually had been nagging and praying and going crazy waiting for those to update since the end of Feb/beginning of March, then today I couldnt take it anymore and pulled all 3 scores and they were all gone!

My average age of credit is 4 yrs 6 months

I have a student loan that i owe 1600 on - have perfect payment history for lasat 4 years but had a few 30 day lates before that

A car loan with 7600 on it with Wells Fargo perfect payment history 3 years

I had a charge off 4 years ago with First Premier, but paid it off (set to fall of report in 1 year)

Amex Blue Cash 3k - Chase CSP 10k - Chase Freedom 3k - Capital One Quicksilver 5k- Chase Slate 5k TU 630 EQ 660 ES 667
Message 16 of 31
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@dmmartinez wrote:

Thank you! I actually had been nagging and praying and going crazy waiting for those to update since the end of Feb/beginning of March, then today I couldnt take it anymore and pulled all 3 scores and they were all gone!

My average age of credit is 4 yrs 6 months

I have a student loan that i owe 1600 on - have perfect payment history for lasat 4 years but had a few 30 day lates before that

A car loan with 7600 on it with Wells Fargo perfect payment history 3 years

I had a charge off 4 years ago with First Premier, but paid it off (set to fall of report in 1 year)

Can you find a AMEX that you may use ???? You will get all the history of your AU account and it will not be a new account! They are coming out with a new card soon with no AF

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 17 of 31
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

If you don't wany an Amex maybe the Discover it !!

Message 18 of 31
dmmartinez
Established Member

I dont mind an annual fee, I just dont know if my scores would qualify me for an amex?

I just went to their site to see if I was preapproved for anything and it said "there are no special offers for you at this time" but you may like.... Platinum/Gold/Blue.

I'm just so nervous to get a hard pull and not be approved Smiley Sad

Message 19 of 31
CashOnDelivery
Established Contributor

Even if you were declined, at least you'll know the reasons why and use that as a road map. Best of luck!

2010: 475 EQ 2011: 503 EQ 2012: 600 EQ2013:632 EQ
Starting Score: 634 EQ-3/13/13
Current Score: 706 EQ-8/29/13 703 EX-7/12/13 705 TU-8/9/13
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 20 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.