Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Valued Contributor

Re: PFD's Finally Updated!

With no inquiries in the last 2 years may be worth a shot. Worst case you get a HP no new credit, best case you get an aged account! 

Good luck!

If anyone needs me I will be In The Garden. Goal Score: 760 for all in 2015.
Current FICO Scores EX: 715 EQ: 756 TU: 762
Last APP April 21, 2015.
Victim of The great AMEX HP heist of Dec 1st, 2nd and 3rd of 2014.
Established Contributor

AMEX invariably pulls EX. My EX was 695 when I applied last week with a paid C/O from 2009 still reporting. I don't think your scores are so much the issue as you not having any record of responsible credit card use. You don't have any inqs so it is worth a shot, imo just to see where you stand.

Frequent Contributor

OP- I would try both Barclay and Discover's prequalify link and see if you get any offers.  If you decide to app for the Barclay rewards, go for the 'average' credit one.  Before you decide to app, you can try all the prequal links (Citi, Chase, Discover, Barclay, AMEX).  See if any give you the verbiage "you're prescreened/prequalified offers" and look for the opt out prescreen notification.  I would certainly start there.

Good luck no matter what you decide.  

FICO SCORES: TU 769; EX 790; EQ 790 ***Gardening indefinitely***

Valued Contributor

Maybe try for the PRG or green charge card first. Supposed to be easier to get.

If anyone needs me I will be In The Garden. Goal Score: 760 for all in 2015.
Current FICO Scores EX: 715 EQ: 756 TU: 762
Last APP April 21, 2015.
Victim of The great AMEX HP heist of Dec 1st, 2nd and 3rd of 2014.
Established Member

awesome:

No pre-quals for Amex, Citi, or Discover

Was prequal for Barclay Arrival

Was prequal for Capital One Quicksilver and Venture

Was prequal for Chase Slate and Freedom

Suggestions?

Amex Blue Cash 3k - Chase CSP 10k - Chase Freedom 3k - Capital One Quicksilver 5k- Chase Slate 5k TU 630 EQ 660 ES 667
Valued Contributor

dmmartinez wrote:

awesome:

Suggestions?

I would go for the Freedom. Great card to have.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Frequent Contributor

dmmartinez wrote:

awesome:

Suggestions?

Of those, it depends on what you want in a card.  If you want 5% rotating categories with 1% on everything else, I would go Freedom.  If you want 1.5% back across the board, I would go QS.  If you're a traveler, you might consider the Arrival.  I would personally go for either the Freedom or QS.  I have a QS and the rewards add up pretty quickly and can be redeemed at any time (no minimum).   Chase will likely be a double pull (EX and TU, EX and EQ, etc.) and CapOne will almost certainly be a triple pull (all three bureaus).  Barclay should be a TU only pull.  Hope this helps.

I have a feeling we have an approval thread coming soon.  I'm getting excited for you!

Established Member

Sad! 

Just applied for Chase Freedom and was told they will notify me in 10 days if they approve me.

-- Is there a number or something that I can call to find out sooner?

Is it worth applying for another card? Was thinking per previous posts either CapOne QS, Barclays Arrival, or Amex PRG?

Not sure if I should risk the hard pulls.

Amex Blue Cash 3k - Chase CSP 10k - Chase Freedom 3k - Capital One Quicksilver 5k- Chase Slate 5k TU 630 EQ 660 ES 667
Frequent Contributor

dmmartinez wrote:

Sad! 

Just applied for Chase Freedom and was told they will notify me in 10 days if they approve me.

-- Is there a number or something that I can call to find out sooner?

Is it worth applying for another card? Was thinking per previous posts either CapOne QS, Barclays Arrival, or Amex PRG?

Not sure if I should risk the hard pulls.

Oh no.  You don't have to wait.  I would call them right now.  From the backdoor numbers thread, Chase: 888-270-2127 (App recon) looks to be the number you should call.  Let us know how it goes!  Fingers crossed.

Established Member

Cliffhanger!

I need to call the App Verification Team and theyre gone for the day.

She said it was probably fine, but that I can chat with them during business hours.

If this is helpful to anyone, the Chase App Verification Team # 800-278-8830

Thanks so much for the support, I'll keep everyone posted!

This means so much to me. Its been a surprisingly emotional experience!

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.