Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not sure what to do ..Best Buy

tag
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

Not sure what to do ..Best Buy

I have a plan B Best Buy card.....just applied cause rep told me i can get 2 store cards.....I was trying for a non plan B card thinking my credit had improved enough to qualify......well it said .....APPROVED ......for another plan B card ....ouch .....what should I do ...Close it  ???         both cards have 750 cl.....no CLI with this type of card...

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

Re: Not sure what to do ..Best Buy

anyone???

Message 2 of 27
lithium78
Established Contributor

Well, you've already taken the hard pull for it now, so the damage is done.  Does it have an AF?  If so, I'd close it without activating it.  If no AF, open it and put it in your sock drawer.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 27
distantarray
Established Contributor

With a 700+ Fico you got a $750 limit card? geez just find a way into Navy Federal imo =)

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 4 of 27
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

just curious though......Do you think I can speak to executive office about it and try and get the accounts mrgered together now that Im the proud owner of 2 plan B accounts??

Message 5 of 27
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

With a 700+ Fico you got a $750 limit card? geez just find a way into Navy Federal imo =)

yeah i know........I wish I could.......but just not sure if I should take the hit  and close them both down ,then in 6 months try again...have 6 inq on EQ that 4 will age to 1 yr in April.....or should I just let evrything simmer down

Message 6 of 27
distantarray
Established Contributor

no point in closing now if you can sock it 

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 7 of 27
Mike360
Frequent Contributor

There must be something on your report they don't like for you to keep getting approved for the Plan B card. Do you have prior collections or high util?

I had no problem getting approved for the reg. store card last black friday and my EQ score was like 720-730 at the time.

Message 8 of 27
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

@Mike360 wrote:

There must be something on your report they don't like for you to keep getting approved for the Plan B card. Do you have prior collections or high util?

I had no problem getting approved for the reg. store card last black friday and my EQ score was like 720-730 at the time.

This is the message I got.......I have a BK from 2005 with no baddies ,collections at all....AAoA per EX plus is 4 yrs...have 6 inquires 4 that will turn a year in April...

At 19% utlility....right this second

Your credit score
Source: Equifax Credit Info Svcs
Date: 10/28/12

What you should know about credit scores

Your credit score is a number that reflects the information in your credit report. We used your credit score to set the terms of credit we are offering you.

Your credit score can change, depending on how your credit history changes.

The range of scores

Scores from a low of 125 to a high of 298.

Key factors that adversely affected your credit score
TOO MANY RECENT INQUIRIES
LIMITED AGE OF CREDIT
LIMITED SATISFACTORY CREDIT HISTORY
USE OF CREDIT

At

Message 9 of 27
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

any other advice?????    keep open or Close theses accounts.....I dont want the prime CC companies to see  2 BB plan B cards at 750 CL a piece and get frightened??

Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.