Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not sure what to do ..Best Buy

tag
Mike360
Frequent Contributor

Re: Not sure what to do ..Best Buy

If the BK is still on your report it could be keeping you from the store card. I only had one EQ inq when i was approved.  Util seems fine. 

Message 11 of 27
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

@Mike360 wrote:

If the BK is still on your report it could be keeping you from the store card. I only had one EQ inq when i was approved.  Util seems fine. 

yeah thats my only thought as well......Cap one just gave me a CLI to 5000 on my platinum card....you are probably right ....maybe Ill just keep the accounts open till  BK drops off my reports and try again.....maybe close the accounts ,then wait 30-60 days then try again.....

Message 12 of 27
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

are there any other ideas on how to get approved for a BB store card ??  I realize I will have to close out these 2 accounts before i try again...

Message 13 of 27
Fresh-Start
Frequent Contributor

Do you think the would combine the cards thus combining the credit limit? That would give you a $1500 cl.

Message 14 of 27
RyVision
Valued Contributor

I got the store card a few years ago (plan A from what I've read and according to the old paperwork).  In that time I asked for a CLI and only got 1 for $100 to go from $900 to $1000.

It wouldn't hurt to call and see if you can get the 2 accounts combined, if either has an AF, I'd just close the one with the AF and forget about BB cards.  It's somewhat unlikely they'd combine because the resulting limit would put you in plan A territory (which they're not granting you) but it can't hurt to try.  IF neither has an AF, may as well keep them as is for now if you can't get them combined.

If you're considering a BB card after your BK drops off your reports, you might want to just skip them instead and try for a prime card with better rewards.  If you must have a BB for a purchase with the financing deal later, you might have better chances with the clean report and a prime CC or 2 showing.   You can still use the 2 cards for their promos for now I think, even if you split the charge or paid part in cash IIRC.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 15 of 27
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

Can someone explain what is plan a and b please lol
Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 16 of 27
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

hmm i dont think bk plays a factor... maybe now. 

my mom cosigned this card (my first) and together we got a 2k cl she was 4 years post bk. but at the time the card was hsbc. 

all i had were inq and all denials on my reports (i just turned 19 at the time) 

like stated if no af keep it open and use it once every three months. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 17 of 27
RyVision
Valued Contributor

@CruzImperial wrote:
Can someone explain what is plan a and b please lol

When I applied for my card in 2010, it seems there were 3 cards (well, 2 cards 3 plans maybe) you could be approved for;  best was the store card with over an 850 CL with I think a 25.24% rate which is eligible for CLIs, that was Plan A.

Plan B was under a 850 CL and had an interest rate of 27. something and wasn't eligible for CLIs.

Then there was the Rewards Zone Mastercard that had an AF which wasn't as good as the Plan A store card. 

At one time (or all along, who knows) there was a platinum Rewards Zone Mastercard with no fee, higher CLs and lower interest but that wasn't available when I applied.   I think Ron1 has that one but had it before they put a hold on it being available. 

All the above was before Cap 1 took over handling of Best Buy's CCs.  Now, all bets are off, along with probably most CLI's  Smiley LOL

[EDIT]: I got my BB store in 2010, not 2009 like I thought (had to double check).

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 18 of 27
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

@Mike360 wrote:

Bk has not kept from store cards..i have 2 from best buy.....just not a card that will offer me one decent limits...... I have 2 that have 750 max cl...no chance for CLI in future

Message 19 of 27
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

@Fresh-Start wrote:

Do you think the would combine the cards thus combining the credit limit? That would give you a $1500 cl.

Tried that he 1st time this happened to me last year.....nope...i will try the executive line tommorrow.....but goal is to have a card in the 5000 range for big appliances ,tvs and so forth

Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.