cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not sure what to do.

tag

Not sure what to do.

I applied for a West Elm credit card through Comenity. I received the card in the mail just a few days ago. Today, I get a letter saying there's been suspicious activity and my account is blocked.

**bleep**...I JUST opened the account. I'm not sure what's going on. I call them and they say I have to send a copy of my driver's license, social security card, blah blah.

Is it because I opened a lot of accounts recently? NOBODY but me touched the card and there's no way anyone could have gotten my account number. There's no way.

What is going on? And what do I do? I thought about just letting it close, but I thought that might hurt my credit. Also, the card has a $2k limit, so that's kind of a lot of available credit to lose.

What should I do? This is craziness.

Discover IT $2000 CL | Amex BCE $500 CL
Wishlist: Citi Double Cash, Chase Sapphire Preferred, BOA BankAmericard Travel Rewards, Wells Fargo Platinum
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
js0319
Established Contributor

Re: Not sure what to do.

If you want to keep it open, I would just comply with their requests. 

AMEX PRG - NPSL I AMEX Everyday Preferred - $34.8k I Capital One Venture - $20k I Chase Sapphire Preferred - $25.5k I Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier - $20.7k I Barclay Arrival + - $10k I Capital One Quicksilver - $10k I NFCU Flagship Rewards Visa Signature - $15k I NASA FCU - $10k I Texell FCU Visa - $5k I Chase Freedom - $9.9k I Citi Double Cash - $7.8k I Discover IT - $5k I NFCU CLOC - $15k I Total Unsecured Credit - $188,700

EQ FICO - 714 (5/24/16) I TU FICO - 772 (5/24/16) I EX FICO - 770 (5/24/16)
Message 2 of 5
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Sounds like they just want to verify its you and not someone else.
BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 3 of 5

I understand that I have to do it, but I'm just wondering why that would happen out of nowhere on a brand new account like that.

Discover IT $2000 CL | Amex BCE $500 CL
Wishlist: Citi Double Cash, Chase Sapphire Preferred, BOA BankAmericard Travel Rewards, Wells Fargo Platinum
Message 4 of 5
keithB
Established Contributor

@triedtogetacardandcouldnt wrote:

I understand that I have to do it, but I'm just wondering why that would happen out of nowhere on a brand new account like that.

My crystal ball isn't working right now.  I'll take it to the shop tomorrow Smiley Tongue

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.